Thread: Sony promises 30 PS3 games for day one of console launch

Blog Entries

ps3 Sony promises 30 PS3 games for day one of console launch

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has confirmed that the 30 games lined up for the European launch of PlayStation 3 will be available from day one.

There had been suggestions that the list of titles announced last month were actually "launch window" releases - but according to Sony, that's not the case.

Speaking to our sister site, Eurogamer.net, Sony's David Wilson said, "It is our aspiration that all of the 30 titles mentioned in our announcement will be available at launch of PlayStation 3 on 23rd March."

The full list of launch titles includes downloadable games plus first-party offerings such as Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm. Some of the third-party games, including Oblivion and Call of Duty 3, have already been available on Xbox 360 for some time - but Sony believes that the range of depth of choice will ultimately prevail.

The 60GB PlayStation 3 will launch in Europe on March 23, priced at GBP 425 / EUR 599.

via gamesindustry

30 games available to get on launching day is ace. I Just wonder exactly what titles will be up for grabs and how much each game will be.

im going for £50 a pop tbh.

ill just be picking up resistance on launch most likely then downloading GTHD.

Then the week after ill see what reviews the other games picked up

Thread Information