Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StyxDS v0.1A - Atari ST Emulator for Nintendo DS

Blog Entries

NDS StyxDS v0.1A - Atari ST Emulator for Nintendo DS

via ketchup site comes a new Atari ST Emulator for the Nintendo DS, heres the translated info:

StyxDS is an emulator Atari ST for Nintendo DS. It is based on castaway of Jhoenig.
    The speed of emulation is currently 60% on average.
    With you Xenon 2, Rick Dangerous and other plays of legend.

Among the functionalities, one finds:
    - Support of the discs to the format .st
    - Management of the sound.
    - Support DLDI

Level use, it is enough for you to copy the Romanian one and the discs in the root or the /roms/st repertory of your chart flash, patcher the nds with patchor DLDI and of launching this homebrew from your Nintendo DS
    All the roms 1.x and 2.x should function but that which I use for my developments is the v1.02 (tos102fr.img). It is necessary to re-elect it in tos.bin.

It is a version alpha! They comprise many bugs and I of it am conscious.

Do not ask me the ROMANIAN nor the discs. Google is your best friend to find an image of your favorite plays (All the releases of the Automation group are, for example, available after 3 clicks on the site of the emulator Steem Engine).

My future improvements will aim at the acceleration of the CPU, the management of the files .msa (the .msa are convertible in .st starting from the software available on the site of Zorg) or of another software usable in line of order, the improvement of the sound, the saves-states, a keyboard a little more ST friendly

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Man.. this rocks... Its a bit slow, and digital sound is garbled, but games run perfectly. Looking forward for next releases

DCEmu Pro

Wow this is incredible, didn't even think it was possible. 60% speed in first alpha sounds promising too. Ketchup is a machine! If he keeps this up we'll have as many Emus for DS as the psp, well maybe not but truly fantastic news. I'm praying he gets speed up. I'm drunk on the possibility of so many awesome games.Even though I'm an amiga fan, this is the next best thing

I'd like to know if someone with an M3 Adapter (SD Card) managed to get it to work.

So far, all I get is an upper scrambled screen and sound garbage.

DCEmu Newbie

I have an r4 and was unable to get it to work. I patched the program for DLDI and then I placed to .st images a 102 tos rom and the program itself in the root directory and all I get is a scrambled upper screen. I would appreciate and guidance. I am a St'r from way back and I would love to keep a couple of old ST games on the DS to play.

DCEmu Pro

This is the path you use
    \roms\st

place your roms here including tos.bin
    all game roms need to have extension .st for now.

the thing is I get it to recognize roms and they load up right on the desktop but I can't get from there. Also at 60% of course don't expect playable.
    My dream is that he'll get this running well, would be awesome.

hey guys just wondering about the tos.bin file. the one i download is an img file but when i rename it to tos.bin it still remains an image file instead of now being a bin. i get the program to load up and give me a file list but when i select something i just had garbage on top screen and % jumps about but never anything recognisable happens. so is it my tos file or is something else wrong. i have supercard cf by the way with. any help would be great thanks

DCEmu Pro

This happened with all the roms you tried? Some games do the same for me, but you could try different versions of the operating system. So far, 1.6 has done well for me. thats odd about the bin file remaining an image.

edit:my joystick and mouse don't work inside the emulator so I can't do anything but autoload disks. Anyone have any ideas?

yep so far tried 7 games including the ones mentioned by the author ie. rick dangerous , xenon2. what extension should i look for in a tos file as i think this is my big problem because i tried deleting the TOS completely from my flash card and the program still acts the same, will try 1.6 though and see what happens, also off topic but still atari related anyone know what is going on with the 2600 emulator it is so close to being great yet has stalled for nearly a year.

DCEmu Pro

Does anyone have the mouse or joystick working on the green desktop? Seems like the author does and many people over at his site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information