Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What does everyone here think about recreational drug use?

Default What does everyone here think about recreational drug use?

Again and again I am faced with this subject.
    These are my opinions...

1. Certain drugs SHOULD be illegal and restricted (like opium, herion, and cocaine for example) because of their horrid effects on the human body and mind.

However, all others should be legal but restricted (like tobacco).

I personally think that the U.S government only got in the game because of public pressure, and losing money. I think the the government does not give a damn about what the average American does, unless it loses money.

I would like to here some of your opinions on this controversial subject (at least in the U.S).

EDIT: Since JKKDARK is an idiot that doesn't read posts , I meant ALL OTHERS that don't damage the body (Mushrooms, LSD, Marijuana, and all other hallucinogens) should be legal to people over 21.

I'm not agree. I don't give a fcuk if you don't like people using them.

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    I'm not agree. I don't give a fcuk if you don't like people using them.
    I don't think you read my post correctly...

I honestly think anything organic should be legal. Cigarettes and alcohol have much more diverse effects on the body than marijuana. Marijuana is all natural whereas cigs are jam packed with drugs and chemicals that are detrimental to the body. Cigs are known to be addictive whereas studies ahve shown that there is no proof that marijuana is addicting. Alcohol destroys your liver and really does a pounding on your brain.

So yeah, I agree that recreational drugs (if organic) are fine, it is the stuff that is already legal that needs to be outlawed.
    http://one.revver.com/watch/170516
    http://one.revver.com/watch/167200

Please click the links above to watch my stick figure animations,
    and please, if you have the time, click the ads at the end to earn me some money.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChafed View Post
    I honestly think anything organic should be legal. Cigarettes and alcohol have much more diverse effects on the body than marijuana. Marijuana is all natural whereas cigs are jam packed with drugs and chemicals that are detrimental to the body. Cigs are known to be addictive whereas studies ahve shown that there is no proof that marijuana is addicting. Alcohol destroys your liver and really does a pounding on your brain.

So yeah, I agree that recreational drugs (if organic) are fine, it is the stuff that is already legal that needs to be outlawed.
    I agree with you all the way.

But the problem is that the U.S makes a TON of money on the tobacco and alcohol industry due to tax. So I don't think it will be outlawed anytime soon.

Also some brilliant people have used Marijuana and we don't see them standing in the street do we?

Nope, in fact, Marijuana has been shown to increase the thought processes, allow you to think more clearly on a certain subject, and even allow you to understand things you never could understand before. It works great as a sleep aid, can help people with pain as simple as a cramp, to severe diseases. Of course, you know what would happen if the government legalized marijuana, cigarette companies would start manufacturing marijuana cigs and still pack all that sh!t into them. But yeah, if anything, marijuana is helpful, there are only a few risks that aren't even comparable to cigarettes and alcohol, the two main ones being short term memory loss (while your on marijuana not after) and of course lung disease if you smoke it, which is more likely to happen with cigarettes anyway because of the chemicals manufactured and stored within the cigarette.
    http://one.revver.com/watch/170516
    http://one.revver.com/watch/167200

Please click the links above to watch my stick figure animations,
    and please, if you have the time, click the ads at the end to earn me some money.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChafed View Post
    Nope, in fact, Marijuana has been shown to increase the thought processes, allow you to think more clearly on a certain subject, and even allow you to understand things you never could understand before. It works great as a sleep aid, can help people with pain as simple as a cramp, to severe diseases. Of course, you know what would happen if the government legalized marijuana, cigarette companies would start manufacturing marijuana cigs and still pack all that sh!t into them. But yeah, if anything, marijuana is helpful, there are only a few risks that aren't even comparable to cigarettes and alcohol, the two main ones being short term memory loss (while your on marijuana not after) and of course lung disease if you smoke it, which is more likely to happen with cigarettes anyway because of the chemicals manufactured and stored within the cigarette.
    If all these things are facts, why not give resources? There is no way any official study would say that marijuana increases thought processes. Also, no cigarette company would get in on marijuana were it made legal due to the horrible image it would portray in the minds of the american public.

I disagree with the illegalization of most of these things because they were done without any scientific basis. Most of the 'older' drugs were made illegal prior to world war two, and in the 60s when the government overturned some of the laws banning them due to the fact that they were unconstitutional, they were immediately put into the schedual list which is for MUCH more dangerous things.

I also specifically disagree with the illegalization of marijuana for two reasons: 1) it isn't physically dangerous in a way that the government should control it 2) illegalization breeds crime around it and related to it.

The same in my mind goes for LSD(which contrary to popular belief does not build up in your spine), peyote, mescaline, and some random synthetic phenethylamines.

have you ever seen the comedian Bill Hicks, he died in '94 i think but he was funny. he loved drugs and said that god was like "Oh no! i have just filled the world with marijuana, it might give people the idea they're supposed to use it. oh well, i better make the republican party!". he also went on about organic drugs and how magic mushrooms grow on cow $#@!. he said "where do you think the phrase "that's good $#@!" came from?" what a legend!

I remember reading somewhere that Marjiuana increases thought processes. I think it was on wikipedia, let me go check.

Ask Shadowprophet, he's used the stuff, so he would know.

[EDIT] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_...ts_of_cannabis

Marijuana does diddly squat to the lungs. It doesn't harm them at all. Actually, thc actually like helps with cancer.
    For all you sober non-believers
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/qj/sp...89738842/82567

I very dislike cigarettes. I mean, they are purposely addicting. BTW, shrooms shouldn't be legal. They make your brain bleed.
    Also, it is said (no source) if you stay up for 72 hours, you have the possibility of having the same trip as a person on LSD. I cannot confirm, just only believe that. I am going to try probably friday/today/summer.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information