Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCO Icon Editor v1.05

Blog Entries

psp RCO Icon Editor v1.05

via psphacks

ZiNgA BuRgA has released what he calls RCO Icon Editor v1.05. Firmware modders will find great interest in this Windows app…

Whether or not you knew this, many of the RCO files found on the PSP’s flash contain icons which can be customized. And knowing that, this tool aims to function as a generic RCO icon editor. Now anyone can easily customize XMB icons — menu icons, battery icon, etc…

The RCO must be decrypted first; this can be achieved by using a tool such as PSAR Dumper.

I cannot stress enough… Read “readme.txt” for important information.

Firstly, this has ONLY BEEN TESTED ON 3.03 OE-C and 3.10 OE. I believe it _should_ work on all 2.71 SE and 3.0x OE. For 3.10 OE, customized topmenu_plugin.rco files won’t work, but it seems that customizing other RCOs (eg opening_plugin.rco) still works.

Also note, ALWAYS keep a backup copy of the RCO, incase either you or the program stuffs something up.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

This is good news to hear, I'll download and try out this now...

DCEmu Newbie

i'm having trouble with this, everytime i try to edit my .rco it tells me i have to decrypte it first. This is wat i did i got a 3.03 update and used pbp unpacker to unpack the data.psar and then used psar dumper to dump it. Now shouldn't that be decyrpted? I have no idea wat should i do.

Cool,i had this already thanks to one of our forums member. Don't remember name now...But this is cool,very easy to use.

DCEmu Newbie

This is just what I've been looking for!!! Now, I just need to find an editor that lets me view/edit the text as well and ZOOM!!!!!!

Many thanks go to ZiNgA BuRgA (and *OF COURSE* to Dark Alex for making the custom firmware the we use and love!)

LONG LIVE THE HACKERS!!!!!!!! HACK THE PLANET!

DCEmu Newbie

Where would I get a 2.50 decrypter dump thingy?

DCEmu Newbie

dski1326 you cant use the 3.03 update decryptd he says in his readme that you can only use 2.50 update that is decrypted and you can use the newest psar dumper to decrypt it

hey is the UMD icon and the MS and network update capable of being replace cuz i have succesfully change my UMD icon

DCEmu Newbie

All the xmb icons can be replaced, as well as the battery indicator, volume control, mp3 controls etc.

Heres a theme I'm currently working on :

which I'll probably release in the next few days, when its finished. For those of you struggling to get a decrypted rco file, just grab one thats already been modified by someone (theres a couple on my site) - you don't need a box fresh one to customise your icons, and iof someone has already modified it, it will give you a good idea of where to start with the changes.

thats a really nice theme i love those icons so your telling me that EVERY i con in the XMB is change able

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information