Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arcade Emulator?

Default Arcade Emulator?

Is there an arcade emulator for the PSP? Specifically, I'm looking for on that would play Megaman: Power Battles.

Thanks.

DCEmu Rookie

NJs CPS1 and CPS2 emulators are what your looking for, megaman power battle runs on CPS1 and the sequel power fighters runs on CPS2.

newest versions here

This is as good a place as any to ask:

With the CPS emulators being such roaring succcesses, what are the odds on other arcade emus coming out? Like Sega's Model II, Namco System 12/22... even CPS3 (playing Streetfighter III on my PSP would be beyond excellent).

Physically possible? I'd have hoped so, seeing as early 32 bit stuff was only slightly below Model II and System 12.

Sega Model 2 never. Even it's more hard than the Saturn.

Well, the only Sega arcade emulation I've ever seen was in h2kaillera. http://anti3d.com/downloads.php I wonder if it was Model 2 though. CPS3 will probably never happen because they need to crack the encryption on the boards.

It's wierd, i have never heard of the capcom play system until it came out for psp. I love their games. I mean, i have played them before, just on different systems. They have great graphics, sound, movement, etc. I have never heard of CPS3 though. What games are on it? I have probably played some of them

I tried to get Megaman: The Power Battles 2 working on the CPS2 emulator, but I get an error when trying to run it, telling me not to even try to run it. Am I doing something wrong, or does the emulator really not run it? If it should be working, can someone walk me through how to get it working? I think I'm supposed to run the zip through the .bat file somehow, but the README that came with the emulator is corrupted. Thanks.

For Megaman to work, did you run the converter? Just double click the command converter and it should tell you to locate the rom file.

Quote Originally Posted by joshisposer View Post
    I have never heard of CPS3 though. What games are on it? I have probably played some of them
    CPS3 is used for games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2, the Street Fighter 3 series, the Capcom vs SNK series (don't quote me on this.), and a few other games.

Its in a zip right now... when I unzip it no actual ROM file comes out.. just a couple of different files. None of these files are recognized by the cpsconv_all.bat when I run it (that is the one to run, right?).

There's the problem, you have to keep it in the zip. You NEVER have to extract arcade roms, just leave it there in the zip and then run cps2conv.bat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information