Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PogoShell DS

NDS PogoShell DS

Yes i know Moonshell took over for pogoshell but I thing pogoshell looks better and i like the plugin and theme feature. I have attached the source og Pogoshell 2.0 Beta 3+. I was hoping someone could make it into a Ninendo DS version. It could even be used to boot GBA homebrew. It would be great for people with MMD or evn Slot-1s. I got the source from: http://www.nightmode.org/pocket/

somebody please make a DS version of this.
    I don't go on here much anymore. Find me on GBAtemp.

But Moonshell has a plugin feature....and a theme feature...

Heres some good themes:

http://www.m3-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2276

Nobody really makes many plugins though..

Quote Originally Posted by CPU_Smarts View Post
    But Moonshell has a plugin feature....and a theme feature...

Heres some good themes:

http://www.m3-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2276

Nobody really makes many plugins though..
    ty nice themes

The MMD and slot-1 cards cannot launch GBA binaries at all. Period. Well okay, it might be possible for the MMD to launch multiboot files <256 kb in size, like the GBAMP can do, but that's about it. No amount of sotware porting can help that fact. Compact Flash and SD are simply too slow for the GBA to use.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    The MMD and slot-1 cards cannot launch GBA binaries at all. Period. Well okay, it might be possible for the MMD to launch multiboot files <256 kb in size, like the GBAMP can do, but that's about it. No amount of sotware porting can help that fact. Compact Flash and SD are simply too slow for the GBA to use.
    so to make a .gba file boot on a MMD i would have to add a bootloader to it?

Are you talking about ".ds.gba" files or just ".gba" files? .ds.gba files are actually DS binaries, and you can usually convert them to MMD-usable .nds files by chopping off the loader that's already on there. However, like I said in my previous post, regular .gba files cannot be loaded on the MMD at all due to the way it works.

The GBAMP can boot in GBA mode, while the MMD cannot, thats the reason why GBAMP can boot very small homebrew games

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Are you talking about ".ds.gba" files or just ".gba" files? .ds.gba files are actually DS binaries, and you can usually convert them to MMD-usable .nds files by chopping off the loader that's already on there. However, like I said in my previous post, regular .gba files cannot be loaded on the MMD at all due to the way it works.
    I would I go about doing that? Hex editor?

Yeah, a hex editor would work, though I'm not exactly sure how much you should chop off. There is also a program that can do this for you called pme2nds.exe - it's a command-line program, but you can just drag and drop the file onto it. If it's convertable, it will change "program.ds.gba" to "programC.nds". It was made a long time ago though, so it may not work entirely. I don't use it that much since my Supercard works best with renamed .ds.gba files anyway.

ndstool.exe also might help, though I haven't used this one myself.

Most homebrew should come in .nds format to begin with though, so use that if you can.

I am getting a GBAMPv2 in a few days! how would u add a loader to the .gba file?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information