Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha release of SNEmul 0.4! - Snes Emulator for Nintendo DS Updated

Blog Entries

NDS Alpha release of SNEmul 0.4! - Snes Emulator for Nintendo DS Updated

Archeide has posted a new release of his Snes emulator for the Nintendo DS, heres whats new:

It has been a long time with no real updates of SNEmulDS.. This first release break this silence, and i hope it will please everyone. First of all, the main change is the integration of the CPU engine of SnezziDS. In fact, I wanted to make my own CPU engine in ASM, but i rapidly saw that i couldn’t do better than bubble2k did. I recognize his work as a masterpiece in DS homebrews. I personnally added some new features from the original C CPU of SNEmulDS: speed hacks, memory protection, and ROM paging/dynamic reloading (giving Large ROMs support for Slot-1 cards). All combined CPU engine and speed hacks give a great boost in speed.
    There are also various changes:

Implemented MODE 7
    Partial line by line engine for MODE 7 games
    Implemented MODE 3,4 (256 colors)
    Now SNEmulDS uses devkitpro 20 and libfat library from chishm with DLDI support, for better compatibility
    Improved ROM paging, reducing bugs for Large ROMs (> 3 Mo)
    Fixed memory leaks (And consequently, fixed famous “Unsupported Large LoRom” bug)
    Three level of speed hacks : no speed hacks, medium speed hacks, full speed hacks. Each level give various compatibility and speed enhancements.
    Fixed various bugs
    Now SNEmulDS sources are under GNU license, to be compatible with snezzids
    Get it here : (don’t forget to patch it with your DLDI driver, SNES games are loaded from SNES directory)

Download and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

cool. another update.
    keep up the good work.

Well that was fast. I was about to submit the news, but I guess I'm too late. Not bad.

I'll test some games out later.

DCEmu Newbie

Can this work on M3 lite SD? Im asking because I dont think the old one worked

EDIT - ok how do you work this thing exactly?

I saw a lot of improvements especially in the graphics, keep up the good work.

http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/ - here's the link for the DLDI drivers

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by jester13 View Post
    Can this work on M3 lite SD? Im asking because I dont think the old one worked

EDIT - ok how do you work this thing exactly?
    You got to DLDI patch it guy, if you dont know how to do it, go to..... i cant find the site, hopefully someone tells you how though. And if you get it to run, remember to place the roms in a folder in the root of the card called SNES or else they won't run.

You can also do a Google search for "DLDIrc" which adds a right-click command to DLDI patch any .nds file you click on. I found it very useful.

I tried a few games, and speed seems to have improved in nearly all games. Mega Man 7 appears to actually run faster in 0.3 though, and I'm not sure why.

DCEmu Newbie

Alright!! Chrono Trigger Is Now Playable!!

Running SMB I Fullspeed (even a bit more) on my M3 DS simply ... thanks a lot

DCEmu Rookie

Am I maybe doing something wrong? Mortal kombat 3 and 2 don't work, and street fighter 2 turbo has the graphics working up to the point of character selection...then only the sound continues to work as the fighting commences.

MK3 shows the initial screen, but then hangs.

If there's any suggestions on making these games work it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information