Thread: Is it possible to flash a dslite

Default Is it possible to flash a dslite

without the need for a passcard.I am having to many problems trying to get my cartridges to read in the DS slot.Looks like one of the pins inside might be bent so that is why I am asking.Thanks

you need to be able to start your ds in nds mode to flash a ds.
    so in short. no, you need a passcard or similar.

Kcajblue I found an alternative to this as I will share it with you and others if they have this problem.

To make a long story short, I had a problem in which my son damaged the DS slot so I couldn't use any ds cartridges. I wanted so bad to flash my broken ds lite so that I could still play DS games without needing the DS slot.

I found that by flashing a different DS Lite using a passkey and slot 2 device then taking out the firmware chip and transplanting it over to my broken DS Lite, I was able to save the DS from only being a GBA player.

This took me a while to figure out but it helped save my broken DS Lite from having to return it to Nintendo for repairs. Now I play any DS game to my hearts content without ever having to use that slot 1

I hope someone finds this useful. Thanks

poptart574, could you explain in a little more detail what you did. I have a DS with a Broken Slot 1 Pin and this would help considerably.

DCEmu Rookie

google up

wifime

Wifime only works on old DS Phats with firmware version 3 or below. Not really worth using nowadays.

The method poptart574 described is known as the BIOS swap trick. It's more useful for recovering a broken BIOS after FlashMe failed, but I suppose it could also be used to install FlashMe on a DS with a broken slot-1. More info about the process can be found at http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=3931

Thread Information