Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .PDF Viewer for the Nintendo DS

Default .PDF Viewer for the Nintendo DS

Hello,
    I am wondering if there is ANY way to view PDF files on the Nintendo DS.
    Thanks,
    X

The best option would probably be to export it as a series of JPEG files and then use Comic Book DS to view them. Moonshell probably wouldn't be able to handle such large images, hence why I recommend Comic Book DS instead, even though it requires you to preconvert your images on your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    The best option would probably be to export it as a series of JPEG files and then use Comic Book DS to view them. Moonshell probably wouldn't be able to handle such large images, hence why I recommend Comic Book DS instead, even though it requires you to preconvert your images on your PC.
    I was thinking about Comic Book DS. Know of any good .PDF to JPEG converters?

DCEmu Newbie

Good free JPEG printer driver, just bring up the PDF and print it...

http://www.rarefind.com/paperlessprinter/downloads.html

DCEmu Newbie

I tried this ; open .pdf in Acrobat, Edit / Copy File to Clipboard, paste into IrfanView and save as .jpg ... looks good in ComicBookDS after converting with pictods.exe

Is there any way to set the quality (size?) of copy to clipboard in Acrobat ?

DCEmu Newbie

Stick it in another program and scale it eg: photoshop. Bear in mind text may become unreadable as it scales down.

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Goner View Post
    I tried this ; open .pdf in Acrobat, Edit / Copy File to Clipboard, paste into IrfanView and save as .jpg ... looks good in ComicBookDS after converting with pictods.exe

Is there any way to set the quality (size?) of copy to clipboard in Acrobat ?
    yeah this works well :thumbup: thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Is there anyway to make PictoDS resize to resolutions larger than 700px in height? I've asked all over the place and nobody knows. Text is just too fuzzy at this lower resolution. And I'm certain ComicBookDS can load JPEG's which are larger than the default!

DCEmu Newbie

Anyone?

DCEmu Rookie

You can also use adobe acrobat professional to export the document to a series of jpegs. Just go to file > export > image > jpeg (Make sure that you make a folder specifically for the file. I didn't realize that the document that I was testing this with was over 300 pages and I sent them all to my desktop. oops. LOL Adobe also automatically names each image with the title of the document and the page number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information