Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Netplay? (Hopefully PSP-DS Cross-communication)

Lightbulb PSP Netplay? (Hopefully PSP-DS Cross-communication)

Hello. I own a PSP running a hacked firmware, and my friend owns a DS running a Pass-Me. Basically, I'm going to make my request brief. Are there any emulators for PSP that use NetLink (preferably using Ad Hoc WiFI) for multiplayer modes? Hopefully GameBoy or GameBoy Advance emulators? If it's a PSP emulator that does NetLink, but not sound (or something like that) I'd be cool with it.

Thanks for the help.

DCEmu Old Pro

no

there is only 1 game that does PSP<->DS wifi, which is tic-tac-toe, nothing else

yeah, but that would be kinda cool to have that integrated into like the SNES and the NES emulators. Bomberman wifi between the two would be great. That tic-tac-toe game was open source right?

actually thats a good point if we can have a tic tac toe game that can communicate between 2 different types of hand-helds whats stopping us from implementing this in other games

There are different emulators at different speeds and crap for the ds and psp. It just isn't probable.

but if we could get the emulators to stay at a restricted speeds that will work on all of them it may be possible

pokemon battles all over again! lol

Yeah, i think it would be 'possible'

But it aint happening anytime soon.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um xxx View Post
    Yeah, i think it would be 'possible'

But it aint happening anytime soon.
    you never know through just the internet you don't know what is happening everywhere someone could be working on one right now while you say at this point it won't happen who knows though look how far the PSP has got right now many things we thought were impossible have became possible e.g a full speed PSX emulator

Exclamation Here's hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by cal360 View Post
    actually thats a good point if we can have a tic tac toe game that can communicate between 2 different types of hand-helds whats stopping us from implementing this in other games
    Yeah, I think Marve's Trading Card Game for the PSP, PC and DS are supposed to be cross-communicative. I know the PSP and PC versions can communicate, but the part about the DS made it some what dubious. Either way, it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by joshisposer View Post
    There are different emulators at different speeds and crap for the ds and psp. It just isn't probable.
    So you're saying the DS can't emulate the GameBoy (original) at 100% speed? Because the PSP can.

but if we could get the emulators to stay at a restricted speeds that will work on all of them it may be possible
    Interesting idea to tackle this problem. Instead of waiting until both sides have a 100% operable, 100% speed emulator, cut out the parts that don't work and use what does. Brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by xg917 View Post
    pokemon battles all over again! lol
    You know, that was actually my thought on the idea. No game really has caught on in the multiplayer world quite like Pokémon, and it was a game we all played back in the day, we were kind of thinking of it as a trip down memory lane for us.
    you never know through just the internet you don't know what is happening everywhere someone could be working on one right now while you say at this point it won't happen who knows though look how far the PSP has got right now many things we thought were impossible have became possible e.g a full speed PSX emulator
    That's what I'm hoping. But I'm sure we'd settle for 50% speed GameBoy emulators at this point. I mean, how fast do you REALLY need Pokémon to run at? It's hardly a time-critical game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information