Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: New Code Contribution

DCEmu Pro

Codaz: in MapThis 0.5+, every time you press a button you hear a beep through the speakers. I found this really annoying (it also slows down scrolling in lists e.g.), so I removed all those beeps.

About screen brightness, when I'm driving around, adapter plugged in, I don't want the screen to turn off automatically. I know you can set this behavior in the firmware itself too, but I only want it in MapThis, not in other programs, so that's why I built it in

I agree most users will probably not want to use all changes I've made, so anyone can feel free to remove those changes that they don't like from the source, and compile it themselves. You can find the changes I've made by simply looking for 'Nieko' in the source files.

DCEmu Regular

Can you make an option to dissable the screen-off function ? E.G. in Config ?

And you mean the beep in menus ? You can easily remove that by removing the beep.mp3 file or replace it with dummy data.

@Nieko
    Thanks for your version.. especially the gps recording... thanks for sharing

was thinking if this can be made - an extra option in config.txt to configure the Show/Hide Panels, as in for example PANEL=1 will automatically hide the panels whenever mapThis is loaded, and 0 for default...

cos everytime when i use mapThis i'll always hide the panels in order to get a larger screen...so tot that this may be useful for some other users like me who likes a larger visible screen of the map...

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz
    Can you make an option to dissable the screen-off function ? E.G. in Config ?
    In principle I could make options in config for every addition I make, but I think this would make the config way too bloated.

Just like the official version, if you want different functionality, you can take the source and compile it yourself, keeping those changes you like .

Other than that, it's not a "screen-off function", it's a "stay on this brightness and don't turn off automatically" function. You can still have the screen turn off by holding the brightness button.

About the beeps, true, you could just blank the beep.mp3, but still it's some overhead, and I just felt like removing all the beeps :P

DCEmu Newbie

hi all.. issit possble to receive signals from the remote control? i've read http://mc.pp.se/psp/phones.xhtml but i dun really understand how i can put it into code. basically i want mapthis! to regconize signals like play, fast forward and reverse.

DCEmu Pro

cydus21: http://psp.jim.sh/pspsdk-doc/psphprm_8h.html should get you a long way

You'll see that the values of the enumeration on that page are the same as at the bottom of the page you showed.

DCEmu Newbie

alright thanks! i'm trying to zoom using forward and back buttons. LOL hope it works!

DCEmu Pro

I have made one more change in the version I put online yesterday, namely autozoom .

I know a few others have also implemented this, but mine works a bit differently.

In the configfile, you can specify per how many km/h or mi/h you want MapThis to zoom in or out. If this directive is missing in the configfile or is set to 0, then autozooming does not happen.

In combination with my earlier change to have WARNINGDISTANCE really work on a pixel basis, this can be handy to see waypoints earlier on the freeway .

Btw., it has a margin of 4km/h before zooming in or out, so it doesn't keep zooming in or out when your speed changes only slightly.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi neiko,

hope u can help me with this.. i've coded the remote stuff and i can compile it but when i load it in psp, the screen turns blank after it says load map. any idea why?

heres my code:
    if (sceHprmIsRemoteExist()) {
    err = sceHprmPeekCurrentKey(&key);
    if (key == PSP_HPRM_FORWARD) {
    if (zm<TILE_NUM/2) {
    beep();
    zoom++;
    zm = powerOf(zoom-1);
    mysleep(150000);
    }
    } else if (key == PSP_HPRM_BACK) {
    if (zoom>1) {