Thread: Ad-hoc Wifi Transfers?

Question Ad-hoc Wifi Transfers?

I was wondering if there are any DS apps that allow Direct DS-to-DS transfers? Something so I can upload homebrew to my friend's cart wirelessly, send him the latest version of a firmware, or even share music and pictures. Maybe a little file management so he can delete different things as he sees fit. Is there anything like that yet?

DCEmu Coder

Adhoc mode isn't supported by the wifi lib at the moment. There was an application called WMBHost that would allow you to send a demo file via the DS Download Play option using two DS's, but that was only a proof of concept really. The only other way would be to use DSFTP and/or DSLinux, but you'll still need a wireless point to connect to though.

Hmm. I noticed that DSFTP only seems to work as a server? Are there any FTP clients for the DS? I suppose that might be why you mention DSLinux...?

Like Sonny_Jim said, there is WMBHost. However, I haven't been able to get it to work (apparently it can only read from certain types of Supercards at the moment), and the other DS needs to have FlashMe installed anyway.

Not sure if there are any FTP clients for the DS, though like you mentioned, there might be one for DSLinux.

DCEmu Newbie

Staff DSLinux FTP client

Yes, it has a client: wget.

Here's how to use it:
    wget <source> <target>

Like this:
    wget the.source/the.file
    will download "the.file" from "http://the.source" to current directory
    or
    wget ftp://the.source/the.file /targetfolder/target.file
    will download "the.file" from "ftp://the.source" to "/targetfolder"" under current directory and save it as "target.file"

Wget ey? That's odd, typing in wget gives me a command not found. Do I have to compile it myself?

Thread Information