Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about upgrades and downgrades

DCEmu Newbie

Default Question about upgrades and downgrades

I have 3 questions on the psp. 1. Is there a downgrade for 3.02? 2. Should I upgrade my network on the psp?
    3. Are downgrades better then the upgrades?

Thanks

3.02 is possible to downgrade, but you need to go to 3.03 and you need a unpatched gta-lcs.

I don't understand the rest of the questions.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

An unpatched UMD of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories can be identified having 2.00 update data on them as opposed to patched ones with 2.60. Also, the serial number ULES-00151# found on the the disk label will indicate it is unpathed, patched ones have ULES-00151#2.

Don't update via Network Update on your PSP as that would download the current 3.11 update package and updating to that one would screw up your change to downgrade.

Downgrades are only better than official upgrades cos if you downgrade to 1.50 you can upgrade to cutom firmware 3.10oe which is way better than 1.50 and any official upgrades out there but like said above you must goto 3.03 official first then downgrade using 3.03 downgrader (you must use unpatched version check YKB's post above for info on how to check and then upgrade to custom 3.10oe (DO NOT USE SONY UPDATES ABOVE 3.03 OR YOU WILL WAIT FOR MONTHS IF NOT YEARS TO DOWNGRADE)

WoW ok downgrades are better than upgrades if your going down to 1.5... 1.5 is not sercure at all and you can nearly do anything on it. when you are at 1.5 the best thing to do is upgrade to 3.03 OE-C is dont think it would be wise to go to 3.10 OE yet because you cant change your icons very well. any more questions just ask.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm still kinda new to the downgrading of psps but what things can you do with a downgrade?

if you downgrade to 1.50 you can play snes+n64+gba games on your psp AND WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT UPGRADE USING THE NETWORK UPDATE

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Line View Post
    if you downgrade to 1.50 you can play snes+n64+gba games on your psp AND WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT UPGRADE USING THE NETWORK UPDATE
    Are you saying if I DO
    decide to downgrade don't upgrade through the network update. Got it!:thumbup: Is there a way to downgrade w/out going through GTA?

Currently it is'nt possible, but with newer firmwares come new possibilities so you never know, also if you have a membership at a blockbuster or any rental store that carries psp games you can grab it there because they rarely get updated versions of games.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeGEE -I View Post
    Are you saying if I DO
    decide to downgrade don't upgrade through the network update. Got it!:thumbup: Is there a way to downgrade w/out going through GTA?
    no i ment never i mean never upgrade useing the network update icon if you do it will install the newist update to your psp and that means no homebrew for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information