Thread: Game Review: WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii)

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Rev Game Review: WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii)

WarioWare: Smooth Moves
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Developer: Nintendo
    Genre: Action
    Players: 1 (up to 12)
    Get From: Goozex US/CAN / Goozex EU

Overview : The WarioWare team took an idea so wacky, it could only be made with the latest technology: the Wii Remote! Wario stumbles into an old building called the Temple of Form. Inside, he finds a mystical treasure called the Form Baton. There are many ways to hold and move the baton (called "forms"), and legend has it that if the holder follows the forms, he can overcome any challenge. With this discovery, the form craze spreads and soon everybody is doing their best to master the moves.

Features :
    • Revolutionary Fun: With hundreds of microgames, this game is just as wild as you'd expect from the name WarioWare, but the gameplay has been revolutionized. Under Wario's tutelage and with the help of the Wii Remote, players will swing, spin and squat their way to victory.
    • Tons and Tons of Microgames: With more than 200 lightning-quick microgames and controls that range from scribbling to flailing, WarioWare: Smooth Moves takes interactive gaming to a whole new level. All players need is confidence, a Wii Remote and their best moves.
    • Off-Screen Party: With games that are as much fun to play as they are to watch people play, WarioWare: Smooth Moves brings the party to its feet. It's hilarious for players and audiences alike.

Gameplay : The concept of the WarioWare franchise is based on a bunch of speedy mini-games in a row. Players will choose from a map along with available missions. Each mission has a different mini-game to each. WarioWare Smooth Moves uses every aspect of the Wii-mote. You use 15 different positions to perform certain actions and challenges. For instance, you would try to balance the Wii-mote on your palm, or hold the controller like you're throwing a dark or just minor movements such as hula hooping or steering a car. Each mini-game takes only a few seconds and you move on to the next mini-game. You are only allowed four fails before the game is over.

Nintendo packed in over 200 mini-games. While majority of the mini-games are entertaining, some aren't as fun and are challenging. Each mini-game is unique in its own way. They can vary from just inserting grannies dentures, to balancing your character a on a ball to moving and doing a hula hoop motion. There are unlockable mini-games when you complete. In story mode, you can beat the game within three to four house and unlock everything in five to six hours.

Multiplayer is by far the most enjoyable way to play WarioWare. Depending on the mini-game, you can play up to 12 people. Unfortunately, there just enough modes for multiplayer. There are about 4 modes to choose from as opposed to 8 on the GameCube version; Mega Party.

Graphics : Graphically, there isnt anything to drool over, but its still fun to look at. If you have played previous WarioWare games, this follows the same concept and look.

Sound : As you pass/fail each mini-game, the music becomes faster and picks up the pace with each mini-game. The music fits perfectly with each mini-game.

Replay Value : To get your money worth, replay value plays a big role in games. Considering this is a party game, you would think there would be replay value but WarioWare falls short. You wont be bored after an hour or two of play but single player mode is short. As mentioned, you can unlock everything with in five to six hours.

Conclusion : Overall, WarioWare: Smooth Moves is a nice party game. The game falls a little short in replay value when it comes to single player mode but the multiplayer kind of makes up for it but still lacks in the number of modes available. But if you do have a bunch of other players, the best mini-game on Smooth Moves has got to be Hot Potato.

Score: Very Good

Images via Comments
    Last edited by bandit; February 18th, 2009 at 16:43.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

I really want to play this. I love all of the Wario Ware games. Twisted is my favorite because of its twisting elements. So I really want to try this because of the Wii mote.

I thought the replay value would be excellent. Is it the same as any of the other Wario Ware games? If so then I'm a happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobumtin View Post
    I really want to play this. I love all of the Wario Ware games. Twisted is my favorite because of its twisting elements. So I really want to try this because of the Wii mote.

I thought the replay value would be excellent. Is it the same as any of the other Wario Ware games? If so then I'm a happy man.
    The concept is the same. Nothing has really changed except for the fact that Smooth Moves is a home console version that utilizes the uniqueness of the Wii-mote.

Well yeah I've been reading up and watching the movies. I'm stoked for this game. :P But yeah I worded hat pretty bad. I mean if I like the replay value of the other games would I like the replay value of this game? Thanks. B-]

Quote Originally Posted by Yobumtin View Post
    Well yeah I've been reading up and watching the movies. I'm stoked for this game. :P But yeah I worded hat pretty bad. I mean if I like the replay value of the other games would I like the replay value of this game? Thanks. B-]
    If you like the replay value of other games, you'll enjoy this. Different gamers will have different opinions. Hopefully the next WarioWare will have better multiplayer modes and more of them.

Alright then I'm pretty happy becasue I really liked the other games.. But yeah good job on the review. It was pretty helpful. =}

Thread Information