Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gnirfleo DS Browser News

Blog Entries

NDS Gnirfleo DS Browser News

News from the makers of the Free Web Browser for the Nintendo DS:

Heres the newspost:

Yeah, I figured it would be time to give you an update...

Just to make (almost everybody happy): It will work on any card that uses DLDI.

I will also post a picture of the browser fully working soon. (Probably Monday).

Oh, and the last thing: There will be 4 different versions. They are somehow the same, but they differ in size. We don't know the exact sizes yet, but the difference is the amount of space that can be stored in the file. That is "to be honest" the only thing that's left to do here (and some parts of the interface, but that's not that important). The biggest file will probably have around 100 mb of space to store images, favorites, pages and maybe Flash in the future. If you don't have enough space on your Flash Card, you can always use a smaller one.

PS: I can't wait untill it gets released! I would love to hear your reactions, so we can expand it even more!

i cant wait for a release

awesome news!

y has it been so long and hard to get a web browser on the NDS?
    really looking forward to it!

Because writing a web browser isn't as easy as pressing a "lawl make teh browser NAO" button?

In any case, I hope he doesn't mean that the .nds file itself will be 100 MB. Because that would be about 96 MB too large for the DS to handle. If it's a random 100 MB file that a smaller .nds file accesses, then it's fine. But the .nds file must fit in the DS's RAM to begin with.

Don't wory, there are also comercial roms that are +100MB. Look at Final Fantasy DS.

Thay can also just like normale be loaded to the ds. Why wouldn't that work with homebrew?

Quote Originally Posted by raging_bull View Post
    Don't wory, there are also comercial roms that are +100MB. Look at Final Fantasy DS.

Thay can also just like normale be loaded to the ds. Why wouldn't that work with homebrew?
    The game is around 128 MB, but its not loaded into the flash RAM, which is only 4MB

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Because writing a web browser isn't as easy as pressing a "lawl make teh browser NAO" button?

In any case, I hope he doesn't mean that the .nds file itself will be 100 MB. Because that would be about 96 MB too large for the DS to handle. If it's a random 100 MB file that a smaller .nds file accesses, then it's fine. But the .nds file must fit in the DS's RAM to begin with.
    I'm sure that, as it's a browser for the DS, it will work on the DS.

I cant wait for this release, literally, I (now that I know about it) have to have it. I hope this gets released on the 24'th like they said or sooner! (but unlikely sooner...)

Anyway, good job on making this! :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by raging_bull View Post

lol, DS games arent in the MB you're thinking of.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information