Thread: SD Media Launcher(1 Gig) For Nintendo Wii/GameCube Released

Blog Entries

Rev SD Media Launcher(1 Gig) For Nintendo Wii/GameCube Released

Datel have finally released to retail the SD Media Launcher(1 Gig) For Nintendo Wii/GameCube. This Homebrew launcher for Wii lets you play all the latest Gamecube Homebrew on the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube including many emulators and Honebrew games and apps, all available here at Wii News and Gamecube Emulation.

Heres the press info:

There's a wealth of really excellent home brew material out there for the GameCube, but how do you get it to run on your happening console? Our GameCube/Wii SD Media Launcher has the answer...

With GameCube/Wii SD Media Launcher, you can run all your home brew Cube software on an unmodified GameCube, or on a Nintendo Wii in GameCube Mode. All you need to do is download the program of your choice from one of the many web pages dedicated to amateur programming on the Cube (Google for 'GameCube home brew' to find dozens of sites). Drag and drop it onto the 1GB SD card supplied with the Media Launcher, then plug it into your Wii or GameCube. Launch the application CD on your console and the home brew program is run from there. Easy!

Everything you need is in the box. The pack includes a software CD, 1GB high-speed SD card, a USB SD card adapter and an SD media adapter to fit in your Cube's memory card slot.

Heres a Screen of the bits you get:

This is a great all in one solution for Homebrew on the Gamecube and Wii (excellent work Datel)

Buy from Divineo UK for £24.95 which is way cheaper than buying all the parts needed seperately.

This is simply a clone of Action Replay + SD Gecko but all in the same package...

Anyways, AR + SD Gecko is still more complete and you save more money: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...907#post385907

EDIT:

And you will save still more if you own a modchip, since you will only need SD Gecko at all! (you can get a sdload autoboot DVD or an AR backup)

DCEmu Newbie

Could you or anyone else help me with the media launcher, i transfered some homebrew and emulators onto sd card but when the menu list comes up on screen showing folders and files to just moves the pointer straight to bottom of the list and i cant choose any files , the controls for the controller are not working as well?
    Dont know too much about file formats and forders and where to put everything as think this is my problem.

DCEmu Newbie

where can you find homebrews but not on a torent server?

chfe

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by aaron3722 View Post
    Could you or anyone else help me with the media launcher, i transfered some homebrew and emulators onto sd card but when the menu list comes up on screen showing folders and files to just moves the pointer straight to bottom of the list and i cant choose any files , the controls for the controller are not working as well?
    Dont know too much about file formats and forders and where to put everything as think this is my problem.
    Sounds like you are using a 3rd party controller, i have had this problem myself, and its sorted with an official gamecube controller

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hotchef View Post
    where can you find homebrews but not on a torent server?

chfe
    Max console

Does this still work as of 14/01/2008 on the current Wii firmware? The product found at http://www.yesasia.com/?/cgi-bin/div-uk/ds-dsdml.html hmmm?

No, you need to get an updated cd from codejunkie. email them at: [email protected]

tell them you purchased the sdML and that its not working because of the firmware update, they will reply asking details of your purchase etc and will send you the disc.

i was only emailed a reply today, so hopefully i can use it for the first time soon!!!

DCEmu Newbie

does it matter where you purchased your version? Cause i didn't get mine directly from codejunkies.

Thread Information