Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chankast Alpha 0.1 Released

Default Re: Chankast Alpha 0.1 Released

For the EMU to work, do you have to dump the bios from the DC or no? I'm curious if the dump has to become a hybrid of your PC hardware and the DC's?

Thanks!

DCEmu Coder

i think there might be some cd-drive issues.
    after the blue swirl the cd is spinning and the cpu usage is full, then it crashes.

im using an athlon xp 1800+ with a radeon 9000 and 256MB of ram.
    also i used windows xp and the cd/dvd drives i tried are a LG DRD8160B and a MSI MS-8340

my dumps are good, some people reported they got some game to run after using my tool to dump their files.
    http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC tools and downloads

[quote author=speud link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1085834201;start=0#13 date=05/29/04 at 20:41:22]i think there might be some cd-drive issues[/quote]

Definately there are cd drive issues...

when i'm running Capcom vs Snk 2, the game runs almost full speed once its cached files off the drive, and only really slows down once it has pull data off the cd again for splash screens, menus and voices....
    One can hope they release a version where you can run the games off CD images like some of the PSX emu's do.
    this would eliminate such slowdowns, but i expect they dont want to go down this route for piracy reasons.

you CAN run the emulator with a CD image. what you need to do is mount the image with a program like Daemon Tools, which creates a virtual CD-Rom on your hard drive. for all intents & purposes the PC sees it as a CD-Rom, and shows it in your "My Computer" folder. then you will need to restart the emulator and select the "new" CD-Rom in the options.

i noticed that games were slowing down when they needed to access the CD, and came to the same conclusion as you: the slowdowns should be reduced by running the games from the hard drive. and it does help. it does not solve the problem completely, but it is much less dire.

All of this happens becasue never read the posts and the news. All that Chankast can do was perfectly explained days ago... heheeee it's here !!!! Great for Chanka Team.
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

I having a problem running the three Chankast emulator please some one help me out..

My specs:

1GHz Athlon processor
    200 Mhz fron side bus
    256 SDRAM
    Nvidia G-force 4 64MB

I got this EROOR message when I am loading either one of the three emulators. '' your cpu doesn't support SSE''. please help me and explains what's SSE?
    I known my PC do not meet the speed of the chankast specs yet .. but why do I have the error message?

For those whom help me I thanks in advanced..

ran expendable on this emulator,runs great,i think full speed.i have a p4 2.4ghz,512mb ram,128mb geforce 5200 video card.hardly any choppiness

[quote author=john007 link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1085834201;start=15#17 date=05/30/04 at 05:47:21]I having a problem running the three Chankast emulator please some one help me out..

My specs: *

1GHz Athlon processor
    200 Mhz fron side bus
    256 SDRAM
    Nvidia G-force 4 *64MB

I got this EROOR message when I am loading either one of the three emulators. '' your cpu doesn't support SSE''. *please help me and explains what's SSE?
    I known my PC do not meet the speed of the chankast specs yet .. but why do I have the error message?

For those whom help me I thanks in advanced..
    [/quote]

I also get the "your cpu doesn't support SSE" error. *

My pc: *1.4 ghz Athlon, 512mb pc 2100 ddr, 128mb Radeon 9800, Santa Cruz (sound card).

I'm sure the Athlon has SSE instructions (or something similar) and I see other Athlon users able to use the emu. *

edit: mmm... guess Athlon T-birds don't have SSE instructions. Eh.. I was planning on upgrading my cpu around august (to an athlon xp 2500+ or greater).. guess I'll have to wait until then. Looking forward to trying this out.

Need help with this file cd_rom.dll in each of the three emulators has one. it's the file the same? so do I still need the other two? or deletes the other 2 and keep one is enough?

In each folder has one cd_rom.dll --- for example---

chankast_alpha_capcom_hack (cd_rom.dll)

chankast_alpha (cd_rom.dll)

chankast_alpha_new_gfx (cd_rom.dll)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    If I am planning to put in one folder called Chankast Emulators I keep the three applications of course but the cd_rom.dll will overwritted. It's ok to do so??
    Or I need to put in three seperated folders each with a cd_rom.dll?

Any suggestions thanks alot..

skydra (edessa) - <greece> currently: HERAKLION student

all cd_rom.dll files are identical!! u can do what you thought

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information