Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chankast Alpha 0.1 Released

Default Re: Chankast Alpha 0.1 Released

How come I hit Configure Controls and NOTHIGN pops up... I can't play.. PLEASE help

HI, i can't get a game to run. The emu loads fine.

when i click init the audio player bios thingy comes up. i have a self boot game mounted using daemon but when i go into the bios menu and click Play but it just says Please Insert Game Disc.

any ideas what i am doing wrong?

got chanka running great, problem is the bios keeps reseting as far as time/date and language. another thing is to get it to speed up i have to resize the window. if not it only goes bout 8fps.

system specs:
    3ghz p4 231X13
    512MB RAM
    9800xt 418/371

wonderful job! how bout fullscreen tho?

also can u explain technical differences between the different releases?

i have a problem with it when ever i double click on the chankast_alpha.exe program i get an error wessage that says: this application failed to start because d3d9.dll was not found. what is that file?

the is a file in directx 9. so u have dx9 installed?

are there any command parameters for chankast so i can set it up in myhtpc?

Wow , Great first release, Worked first time on my pc, no problems.

Windows Xp Pro
    Pentium 4 3ghz
    Geforce 5600
    784 ddr ram (i think)

Keep up the good work.

I have the Bios, I am not violating the rules....

taken out due to flaming - Christuserloeser

Hello, i know im new here but i was desperate to help out you guys I researched on the errors you've encountered and here are the answers

1- I click 'Init' and the program freezes.

The BIOS you have dumped/downloaded is bad. Try redumping/downloading it again. The BIOS should be 2,048KB (I have seen 4MB and other sized BIOS' - these do not work).

2- I start up the emu, and when I try to run something, it just keeps taking me to the time setup screen.

You havn't dumped/downloaded the dc_flash.bin file. Although the dreamcast/emulator creates one, it does not seem to work (this could probably be fixed in future releases). Delete the one you have already and dump/download it again. The dc_flash.bin file determines your dreamcasts region so it will affect the swirls colour.

3- I try to load a game and get the following message:
    This game does not support the AV cable that is currently connected to the main console. Turn off the power and replace the AV cable

The game isn't VGA compatable. Skies of Arcadia by echelon released the PAL (european) version of the game, which ISN'T VGA compatable. Try to rip the NTSC version of the game (USA/JAP) as that is VGA compatable.

This goes for any game that does not support VGA at boot (including Soul Calibur, although that is VGA compatable).

4- SSE Error when I tried to start it.

Unfortunatly, you need a better computer to run chankast. I think it's your processors limitations, but its definatly your hardware that can't run the emulator. Sorry

5- MMU Error when I try to boot.

I'm guessing you're trying to play homebrew games (or the few games that use MMU). MMU is a memory mapping system used in a few games and homebrew. Unfortunatly Chankast does not support this system yet. Future releases will probably fix that.

These are the problems I've encountered and they are how I fixed them (I have also tried my dreamcast on a VGA screen so I know about that AV error). Also another thing. I wouldn't use the graphics hack version of the game:
    Explained:

Normal version: I recommend you use this one if you want to run most things properly.

Capcom Hack version: Only use this version when playing Marvel vs Capcom/2, as that's what it was meant for (i think). If a capcom game doesn't work in the normal version, try it in the capcom hack.

New GFX version: This one just brings out sprites in games and makes all 3D models solid (not transparent). A perfect example is in the dreamcast bios itself. The controller, vmu, music note and clock are supposed to be slightly transparent. But because the writing everywhere use sprites, they are either transparent (which is a bug that needs to be fixed) or simply 'not there.' Even 2D games shouldn't be run with this as it creates an 'invisible box' around the sprite, and makes anything behind it invisible too.

Hope this helps most of the questions here, any other errors just post them here and i'll try my best

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information