Thread: Logitec announces first *good* PSP Bluetooth headphones

Blog Entries

psp Logitec announces first *good* PSP Bluetooth headphones

via pspvault

A Japanese consumer electronics company called Logitec (note: unrelated to "Logitech") will be releasing some Bluetooth headphones specifically for use with the PSP.

They're certainly not the first Bluetooth headphones for the PSP, but they are the latest. More details inside!

Features:

Includes PSP adapter (powered by 1x AAA battery)

Designed to fit PSP

One-touch connection with PSP

Acts as PSP headphones and mobile phone/PC headset (simultaneously, even)

Specifications:

Bluetooth 1.2 (A2DP, AVRCP)

Integrated microphone for simultaneously pairing with your PC/mobile phone (HSP, HFP)

White or black body colors

Dual pairing -- easily switch between PSP and mobile phone

Phone call rings heard through headphones; one button push to pause music and answer call, one more to end call and return to PSP audio

Lightweight, open-air design

10 meter range

Impress Watch estimates a 12,800 yen (~$110 USD) price tag. After purchasing some Bluetooth headphones a couple months ago (from "Logitech" even), I must say eliminating wires is always awesome. The only other features I could really ask for in PSP Bluetooth headphones would be integrated/rechargable batteries and some sort of support for controlling the PSP itself (to skip tracks and such).

Press Release:
    http://www.logitec.co.jp/press/2007/0307.html

Product Information:
    http://www.logitec.co.jp/products/bl...btps100c2.html

Hey what the hell? This sounds nice. I hope they come to US so I could get them.

$110 USD? Thats expensive, even for logitec

EDIT: "A Japanese consumer electronics company called Logitec (note: unrelated to "Logitech")"

I should pay more attention. And after reading bah's comment, I agree, the psp in a backpack or something would be very nice with bluetooth headphones. Just not for $110 USD.

the pics and diagrams look like a really nice product, hope that hksuccess get them b4 i buy a new psp

yo man this sounds nice
    ima see if i could fork out the cash to get these
    i bet they will be like $45-55 US i wount be surprised if it were at that price
    nearly every thing for the psp is expensive *looks down deprest* well u have to spend to have fun with surtain stuff

Does this mean you guys actually use the PSP as an audio player, with it in your pocket/bag while your wandering around?

I cant see the point if your using them while playing games/watching a movie. Its right there in front of you, is the wire really that annoying?

I think I used the PSP as an audio player once, then went back to my little generic mp3 player that is about 1/10th the size/weight.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Blog Entries

i use my psp as an mp3 player.. anywho those things look nice! i wish they weren't over $100 though..

I bought Platonic Pulsar 590A for almost a yr now. The design might not be attractive, but the sound quality is superb. It can be used with PSP, Ipod, PC, Mobile phone and PDA and many more devices.
    If you use with a laptop, PDA, Mobile that has bluetooth then you can use as a bluetooth headset . What I like about it is when you get incoming call while listening to music, it will get to phone mode immediately. SO i don't have to worry about missing phone call because of listening to music too loud. Besides, it can be paired with two phones at the same time.

you can see some pics here http://www.mrpalm.com/list3.php?cont_id=153
    It's in Thai though.

I wanna buy it, but it's a no-go for my economy . Sad.

I currently own the Logitech FreePulse Wireless Headphones, http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=12492, thye are awesome. I mainly use them with my ipod but they are nice for the psp too. I wish that someone would come out with wireless ear buds cause that would be so nice to listen to music in school, i still do with my ear buds but wireless would be so nice.

About these headphones i do not like that type of headphone. That is the main reason i do not own the psp headset.

Thread Information