Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CODERS, think about this...

Exclamation CODERS, think about this...

You coders should stop publishing these great stuff for nothing... On one hand you just show us that you are smart and have the talent for this programming stuff but on other hand you only put this job, which is far complex, all the way down to the underground level, showing us the other side of your personality: the stupid one... So you may ask me "why am i putting it down?". The answer: by keep publishing these stuff for free, people become used to get great emulators and/or games in that way and will not accept charges for them anymore. The time for you guys to show that you are capable of doing something great is gone. You already proved it. This profession called "coder" or "programmer" is way too much complex and can be compared to the other big ones out there, like a medic or a lawyer and should deserve the same wage.

So, if you guys want to spend your time on something that will return you some deserved things beyond lots of fans on net boards, start thinking on something bigger... Maybe some other coders are trying to start to earn their lifes in this job (gaming coding) but they feel disapointed when they realise that lots of other coders are wasting their times in front of the computer just to get some fans around the globe...

And when I say "start thinking about something bigger" I mean start thinking on a platform that will return you some cash, start to think about beat on the great softhouses' doors out there... You already have a great portfolio online so what are you waiting for?? I must admit, If all of you start to act like this, I will, like other people here, miss the great free stuff I used to download for free but it wouldn't minimize the happines It would give me at the time i began to see that the job got the value it deserved (im studying hard to be a coder).

My main point is: stop underleveling this great profession and go sell your projects. Think big.

PS.: sorry for any hard word i may have used but i couldnt be more clear without using them...

I dont understand, there is nothing wrong with having a hobbie, be it in programming or whatever. Besides, do you think Linus Torvalds would be as successful today if he hadn't decided 'WELL I HAVE SOME FREE TIME! LETS MAKE A FREE CLONE OF UNIX!'. These projects are good and usefull, and they help build skills. I dont really understand what your complaint is.

Not everything is about money, its to unlock the true potential of the gaming device for a lot us.
    Did you think about that?

you really don't understand what the homebrew scene is all about do you?

unlocking the full potential of your psp and sharing your work is what its all about.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Old Pro

People don't code for gain... They code because they enjoy it.

Cloudy

DCEmu Old Pro

yeah people like to learn, i mean i would like to realease homebrew and things for free before i would ever go onto real programming

and its a hobby, like anyone building a car, or a toy, or modding ps2's (or psp's) no one wants money

we just have fun doing it, and that great self accomplishment makes it worth it in the end

money does not matter

most have it just as a hobby, some also work in commercial games. cosidering they all have jobs and might not have the expertise to work on a full blown game, there is little point.

it's the challenge that keeps coders going to see themselves overcome bugs and issues and then marvel at the amazing end result. Why would wanting to overcome obstacles be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhunter View Post
    People don't code for gain... They code because they enjoy it.

Cloudy
    Wrong...

Wrong because you know there is a Microsoft, there is a Sony, a Namco, a Konami and lots of other software houses out there. Needless to say why they are coding for...

Maybe the point we must not forget is that a coder is not working with this if he didnt like it. Im pretty sure that there are not guys coding for surviving purposes..

Quote Originally Posted by Tetris999 View Post
    yeah people like to learn, i mean i would like to realease homebrew and things for free before i would ever go onto real programming

and its a hobby, like anyone building a car, or a toy, or modding ps2's (or psp's) no one wants money

we just have fun doing it, and that great self accomplishment makes it worth it in the end

money does not matter
    Ok, its a hobby but man, people make money with their hard work out there. You guys who visit ebay (in brazil theres something like ebay called mercadolivre) must be tired of seeing emulators being sold there with tons of roms on one disc...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information