Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Proof for Christ's Claims

Well, I don't understand it. Why tell people something they've heard six hundred billion times and still won't convert? It's a waste of time.

Blog Entries

well thats just it. someone here might not have heard it. what if i were to assume that everyone had heard and just kept my mouth shut but one person hadnt?

people may disagree with me and thats fine. i realize that by doing the things i do i am putting myself out there where everyone gets to try and poke fun but at do it for a reason.

none of you know me or what my life entails but i will tell you this. the idea of giving up religion as a whole and just saying "i dont care" is so enticing. every day i wake up and think about how easy it would be to just let go but i simply cant. none of you know me but i assure you, if you did, what i am doing would be taken a lot more seriously. if you only knew how easy it would be for me to just not care about anyone but me the fact that im reaching out to those who hunger for knowledge would not be taken so lightly.

Well, giving it up isn't easy because of your ego. You want to believe it, because you've heard it all your life, and you couldn't imagine your life without it.

I got past it, mostly because of my UFO sighting, and studying of secular ideas that I never heard of when I was at a private Christian school.

Blog Entries

i didnt have it all my life. you dont know me. dont tell me about my life.

IceMan: I was talking about myself.

Sorry I didn't clarify.

Blog Entries

i realize i said i was taking a break from dcemu but i cant. its the easiest most accessible manner of witnessing i have and i cant stop just because some people in here get their jollies pushing my buttons.

i have one thing to say PREPARE TO BE REBUKED! because i now have back-up!! hahahahaha just you wait...

for everybody thats mad and confused about iceman's reasoning in his claim, there is more to it than just he is concern about your souls. G-d requires us to proclaim the gospel of the messiah, or your (anyone who doesn't accept jesus) blood will be on our heads, meaning G-d will ask us why we allowed nonbelievers to die without hearing the gospel. thus we have a responsibility to give others the opportunity to repent of their sins so you may enjoy the grace of G-d. G-d wants everyone to recieve Jesus, who is a payment for our sins, in order to have fellowship with the true G-d who loves us dearly.

i used to be an agnostic, but when i weighed the evidence, it took more faith to stay an atheist than to become a christian.

I'm completely neutral. I'll see how this plays out, IceMan.

Blog Entries

ahh my backup has arrived... and for some reason he cant type god.. anyway i bet any question i cannot answer mcbee can lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
    It sounds like YOU are the one who needs to do the research. Many words were horribly messed up when translated to modern languages. Things like "Red Sea" are actually correctly translated to "Reed Sea" meaning a completely different location than what most Bibles say today. How is this significant? Using geographic knowledge and science, it is known that a volcano erupted near the "actual" sea which most likely caused every single "plague" and the eventual parting of the sea (a tidal wave). There are many many errors similar to this one.

I'm an Atheist. I don't believe in God. Why do you generalize all Atheists in a way that makes us look like rambling bafoons. Watch a Richard Dawson video and truly see who doesn't do their research.
    when it comes to translation errors, you are right in a sense. the word is euwph in hebrew which does mean red. but since isreal lost its land it lost the right to name its neighboring sea, which was renamed the red sea. translators changed this since the "reed" sea doesn't exists by that name. translators changed it in order for its readers to understand what landmark the bible was talking about.

the fact that a tidal wave caused the red sea to be dry and walk on is laughable. isreal at the time consisted of about 300,000 people. that is some tidal wave. plus egypts army would have noticed the receding waters and wouldn't have charged straight in. by the way, the history channel is a little biased towards G-d.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information