Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z33's Home Screen Editor

Blog Entries

psp Z33's Home Screen Editor

Z33 has Created a GUI for imposer.exe a tool to modify homescreen when playing games

More details:

As it says in the readme/manual, only use impose.prx from a 2.50 or newer firmware, and it has to be from the same firmware version you're running in your PSP! If you have 3.03 OE in your PSP, the impose.prx must be from 3.03 OE! Also impose.rsc must be from 2.70 or newer firmware, but it doesn't need to be the exact same version you're using.

For one thing, you can use the prx/rsc from the OE side (kn) on the 1.50 side (kd) too, but not vice versa.
    Problems will appear if you do something described here:

1. impose.prx from a different firmware than what you're running --> (semi)brick, depending if you're using OE with recovery menu or not. Recovery is your friend.

2. impose.prx from <2.50 firmware --> no identification of some vital data for those versions so you only get garbage gfx if you try exporting from one.

3. impose.rsc from <2.70 firmware --> has lesser languages supported so I gave them no support to make things a bit easier to handle internally in imposer.

If you're using prx (decrypted & unpacked) from 2.50+ and rsc from 2.70+ and are still facing problems, it might be you have somewhat different version of the files than what I've tested with. I only have versions from jap 1.00, euro 1.50, usa 2.50 and euro 2.60/2.70/2.80/3.03/3.10 to test with.

Edit: Seems I forgot to mention in the readme/manual (which many seem to ignore anyway) the importance of using the same prx version one has currenty flashed in.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

sick. that same old crappy home screen does get annoying after a while

Cool found. This will come very well. For all of those people[like me] that like to have their PSP's customized to the limit. Hehe.. Now let's wait for some one to make cool Home Screens. Because my lazyness won't let me...

cool find, the PSP at whole is now custimizable...

this is pretty good.. i saw it a few nights ago n now i have a kool home screen!

pretty cool, can i see a screenie tho? :-o

all this does is enter a basic bitmap image into the background, instead of having the grey screen...
    sounds like a healthy alternative

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPimpsta View Post
    pretty cool, can i see a screenie tho? :-o
    OK I'll give one for Black Bubbles Theme!

LINK

Custom Volume and Battery Bar!

HEY.... IT"S MY GUI!

EDIT: PLEASE COPY imposer.exe TO SYSTEM DIRECTORY ie (WINDOWS OR WINDOWS|SYSTEM32)

This will correct the bug wherein the GUI can't process files outside the directory where imposer.exe is!

GUIDE TO EXTRACT IMAGEDATA (BITMAP)

NOTE THAT WHEN YOU CLICK IMPOSE BUTTON IT OPENS A NEW WINDOW TO BROWSE FOR IMPOSE.PRX/RSC, AFTER THAT CONTINUE ON BY CLICKING BITMAP BUTTON AND FOLLOW THESE IMAGES BELOW.

Just a note on changing this screen. if you are using DA 3.03 oe-c it will break the built in iso loader (will prob do the same for 3.10 oe).... for bout half an hour i have been trying to figure out why mine didnt work anymore and ive tracked it back down to this so make sure you back up the originals or u will be suck...

DONT USE IT!!! i followd all instructions and made my own (used someone elses image) put it in the write place and BRICKED the $#@! outa my psp i cant even enter recovery mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so ****in pissd off i need help with what i can do to fix the problem??!?!?!?!?! please someone help!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information