Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NeoMD Flash Cart Released - Genesis Flash Cart

Quote Originally Posted by SpooForBrains View Post
    OK, I'm confused. I thought we had a strict anti-piracy stance on this site. This device is pretty much a piracy gateway, right? Assuming we accept even dubious legality of ROMs in some situations, you pretty much have to own the game in question to justify having the ROM, and if that's the case you don't need this.

Yes, it could be used for homebrew, but the original post is not worded that way AT ALL.
    Settle man, The custom firmware allows ISOs and we promote that. Not everyone can fork out money for heaps of games, and not everyone can sift ebay for days on end to buy the original carts for megadrive.

You get me a real copy of Altered beast and i'll agree with you.

The site supports custom firmwares, but makes it very clear that only the homebrew enabling features are to be discussed. Each release comes with a stern "NO ISO TALK" warning. Likewise POPstation. Very popular topic of discussion here, but ONLY using it to rip your own legally owned games, not downloaded ISOs.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SpooForBrains View Post
    OK, I'm confused. I thought we had a strict anti-piracy stance on this site. This device is pretty much a piracy gateway, right? Assuming we accept even dubious legality of ROMs in some situations, you pretty much have to own the game in question to justify having the ROM, and if that's the case you don't need this.

Yes, it could be used for homebrew, but the original post is not worded that way AT ALL.
    The legality of having a ROM is dependent upon you owning the original cartridge, and one of the functions of having a ROM under those circumstances is to have a back-up of your game should the cartridge become damaged or otherwise unuseable. If you do have a ROM back-up of one of your Genesis games, and if your cartridge does become damaged, this will allow you to continue enjoying your legally purchased commercial game. There, all nice and legal. :thumbup:

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Vangar View Post
    Settle man, The custom firmware allows ISOs and we promote that. Not everyone can fork out money for heaps of games, and not everyone can sift ebay for days on end to buy the original carts for megadrive.

You get me a real copy of Altered beast and i'll agree with you.
    Are you a freakin moron?! The ISO folder is for UMD backup promotion, to technically put your UMD files onto your memory stick to have more than one game with you at a time. Not so you can say you're too poor to afford anything and download illegal games.

I wasn't going to reply to this thread until I saw how stupid yours was...

I really want one of those. A SNES and N64 flash cart would be nice too.

We can use it to play hacks of sonic 1 and 2.
    there are a wide variety of them out there.
    and i dont know of anyone out there who has a genesis and doesn't have a sonic1 or 2 cartridge!

but that is really the only use i see for this item as there is no Genesis homebrew that i am aware of.

nor is there a practicle use for genesis homebrew these days since u can run a genesis emulator on any of the newer systems, xbox, ps2, gamecube, DS, PSP, PS1, etc.

Niiiiiiiice. I would love one of these.

Whats funny is the amount of hipocracy we have in this thread..
    USually the ones to automactily spout off about piracy and all that are either the ones who do it or the ones who cant, so get over yourselves saying this can only be used for piracy.. morons.

Also, whats funny is the amount of people in here talking about it that werent even born when Genesis came out.

I was waiting in line with my parents the day it came out and still have that oroiginal console along witht he one they brought out later "GEnesis 3" so quit your whining children. to some of us this is actually a huge step.
    And to the one bitiching about parrelel ports..

1- I just bought a brand new HP Desktop pc and it has a prrrellel port on it.... Its what some priniters and umm.. other system resources use .
    2. If you really want this and your pc doesnt have on, then you can get over it and instal one or just wait till a smarter then you person comes around and makes an adapter for USB

very nice... put my old genesis to use... once i figure out how to hook it up again...

Does anyone know if this will work on the ntsc american genesis, or just the pal megadrive?

Quote Originally Posted by crypysmoker View Post
    2. If you really want this and your pc doesnt have on, then you can get over it and instal one or just wait till a smarter then you person comes around and makes an adapter for USB
    Well, I work in an electronics store in England and you CAN buy a USB to parallel adapter, I sold one today, they are pretty pricey at £24.99 in Maplin, but it is manufactured and available in the UK.
    On topic, the cart loks good, would be good to have all those games on the Megadrive/ Genesis again, means I dont have to dust off the old games and find the carts at the back of my wardrobe, can just use this instead.

Quote Originally Posted by crypysmoker View Post
    Whats funny is the amount of hipocracy we have in this thread..
    USually the ones to automactily spout off about piracy and all that are either the ones who do it or the ones who cant, so get over yourselves saying this can only be used for piracy.. morons.
    Am I to deduce from that that your memory stick is loaded down with warez, then? Yes, thought so. For your information, I am perfectly capable of pirating, I just chose not to. Gotta draw the line somewhere, hm?

My point, though, is that the site has a strict no piracy policy, and I think people need to be reminded occasionally. If PSP ISOs and PSX ISOs are forbidden topics of discussion, then pirating Megadrive games should be as well.

Also, whats funny is the amount of people in here talking about it that werent even born when Genesis came out.

I was waiting in line with my parents the day it came out and still have that oroiginal console along witht he one they brought out later "GEnesis 3" so quit your whining children. to some of us this is actually a huge step.
    and you're basing this on what? Your l33t radar or something? I still have my Megadrive from 1992 too, you know.

Fortunately, some people on this thread are contributing sensible homebrew applications for this device, which, need I remind you, is what this site is about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information