Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSOrganize 2.7 Alpha 3

Blog Entries

NDS DSOrganize 2.7 Alpha 3

DragonMinded has updated his organiser app/web browser for the DS

heres whats new:.

- Fix for corruption bug on creating new files or directories.
    - Added quicksearch feature to hold people over until forms (eg: typing "g DSOrganize" to do a google search for DSOrganize).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

this looks good. but we want picturesupport!

DCEmu Rookie

we do, but that will be hard.... really hard. more ram will have to be incorperated with the program, and this is from dslinux links browser i think... so it will be hard for it to support pictures.

Dragon develops on a GABMP and NinjaSD which have no added RAM to them, picture support would be hard to add to his web browser unless he stored it in some kind of cache. Picture support probably will not be supported for a while (if ever). If Dragon was going to add picture support he would make a standalone browser. Still, Dragon, I'm glad to see tht you fixed those curuption issues u were talkin about on IRC.
    I don't go on here much anymore. Find me on GBAtemp.

Has anyone got this to work on their MMD?

patch it with DLDI and rename to bootme.nds and dont forget to patch exec_stub.bin

In my eyes, image support shouldn't be TOO hard, though I'm not a programmer so I'm not going to even start to believe myself to know how much effort it will actually take.

The way I view it, his browser is mostly just using his already-existing Wifi code + his already existing filesystem to download an HTML page from the Internet and use the already-existing HTML parser to display the output on the screen, plus support for links and such. Most of it was already there. Now DSOrganize already has the ability to render images, and though I realize that it would be fairly different, it could potentially be used and implemented in the browser. The tricky part would be relatively large images, as these aren't even supported by DSO's standalone image viewer as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    In my eyes, image support shouldn't be TOO hard, though I'm not a programmer so I'm not going to even start to believe myself to know how much effort it will actually take.

The way I view it, his browser is mostly just using his already-existing Wifi code + his already existing filesystem to download an HTML page from the Internet and use the already-existing HTML parser to display the output on the screen, plus support for links and such. Most of it was already there. Now DSOrganize already has the ability to render images, and though I realize that it would be fairly different, it could potentially be used and implemented in the browser. The tricky part would be relatively large images, as these aren't even supported by DSO's standalone image viewer as it is.
    not quite, i am a programmer and I toyed with the idea of making a browser but when I started it was very hard that I quit. It's not as simple as downloading an html file and I think dragon doesn't want to deal with most of the dirty stuff so he is borrowing code from retwaq or watever. image support wil be unlikely I think unless he finds some way to render and download images to some sort of cache.

DCEmu Newbie

I hate to ask a silly question, but how would one go about getting this to work on an R4? I keep getting an error message.
    Would a DLDI patch do the trick?

Max, I'm pretty sure DSOrganize has had its own HTML parser for ages, as it looks nothing like Retawq or Links, not to mention the fact that DragonMinded usually updates us on some HTML rendering fixes with each release. The web browser just downloads the HTML file to \DSOrganize\Cache and runs the file through the HTML renderer. It doesn't render the page dynamically as it's being downloaded like the Opera browser does. If you go to that folder while offline you'll see all the pages you've browsed to. I'm simply saying that perhaps images could be handled in a similar fashion, that's all.

JonLem, yes, DLDI will be needed. First download version 2.61 and place it on your card, patching \DSOrganize\Resources\exec_stub.bin with the correct DLDI patch (this file is used for booting other homebrew). Download the updated Alpha 3 and copy it to your card, overwriting the previous files, and then patch DSOrganize.nds with the correct DLDI patch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information