Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eepinator - EEPROM backup tool (Rein clone with DLDI)

Blog Entries

NDS Eepinator - EEPROM backup tool (Rein clone with DLDI)

News/release from Josath

Basically all it does is copy from EEPROM to FAT, and copy from FAT to EEPROM.
    Super basic text UI.
    Reads the game ID from the header to auto-name the backup save files.
    There are a couple other basic features I will add (like support for SRAM, and a hex viewer)

It MAY work for some slot-1 card users, because I have a bunch of pauses in there (so you can insert the right card at the right time). But I've heard that it wont work for some cards because inserting the slot-1 flashcart causes a reset. (the reset never happens with a commercial game cart it seems, I can pop my metroid cart in & out all day long with no reset, so this is quite odd)

Let me know if it works, or if it wipes out your precious save games

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Workes pretty well, I hope there will be savegames to download in the future...

DCEmu Newbie

how do you use it btw? and do you mean FAT on the computer or somewhere on the ds?

This is what I used with my SCLite, works great and very easy to use.

Complete n00b here - I have an R4DS and tried using Savsender, but it could never connect to my router, so I've now bought a Supercard Lite with SuperKey for the sole purpose of transferring my save games.

The SCL and SK have turned up with no documentation, so I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. I've had a scan of the official site, but there's so much broken English I'm pretty much none the wiser.

I've put a blank MicroSD into my card reader, installed and run 'Supercard v2.60 for Micro SD Pro Version', fed it the eepinator.nds file - which I'd previously patched using the Windows GUI DLDI patcher (dlditool-win32-gui) and the sclt.dldi file - then transferred the two files it generates (eepinator.nds.dsq and eepinator.nds.sav) to the SuperCardLite and tried to run it, only to get two blank white screens. Is there something I'm missing?

I can't try this now, but do I also need the original .nds file on there too?

DCEmu Rookie

I am most used to savsender (seems easier to me) to work with slot-1 devices.

I want to know if there is something but for GBA games.

There must be something, I thought that this worked, but I can't take a file of GBA sav.

<Offtopic>
    Tom: have you tried this? --> http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=75237
    The guide works with R4DS.

Thanks mate but no, that doesn't work for me. It just sticks at "welcome to savsender 1.1" and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Whitaker View Post
    I can't try this now, but do I also need the original .nds file on there too?
    Here should be a link to a prepatched Eepinator file for the SCLite.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/36802395/eepinator.zip

All you'll have to do is load it onto the microSD card that you put into your SCLite, use your R4 to boot into Slot-2, select the Eepinator.nds file from the SCLite menu, load it up, press start and when it gets to the screen with DS Cart Info and such switch out your R4 for an actual DS game and select DS Cart--->File and it will copy your save over to the microSD card.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I only have one microsd card to hand, so I have to boot up, run eepinator off the r4ds, then switch out the cart for the game like you suggest, and at the same time put my microsd into the SCL. It checks the game info, tells me to press start, asks if I'm ready to write to FAT, I press start again and nothing happens. I wonder if it's trying to write to the R4DS, which is no longer there, but is where eepinator ran from?!

I do have a superkey but nothing I load off the SCL works - I just get white screens! Am I meant to run the .nds file you linked to through the SuperCard Lite manager, get it to output those files, and use that? I'll try that now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information