Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DCEmu: Looking back

Default DCEmu: Looking back

Even though I've been here for one year (seems much longer) members have come and gone like that. I remember the first people I ever talked to were Shadowprophet, gunntims0103, ninja9393 and Gizmo356, as well as a few others. This was all in the infamous thread form of JUNK!, Shadowprophet's masterpiece /(o)(o)\. Lol, I remember thinkin' Kaiser was a stuck up jerk for closing it(no offense)!

There I got to know many of the members. Since that point I started posting a ton more. This was my first avatar here:

Therefore, for the nostalgic value, im gonna have this avatar on for a few days or so.

Any others remember the whole LUA craze we all went through where a good fraction of the forum started learning LUA(me included)? All this came about because of the forum-breaking creation of the Soras Adventure project started by gunntims0103, and later by Naruto: Quest to Hokage by Gizmo356. I remember sprite searchin' for a ton of people.

While some of the members from then are still very active, there are many who are not so much. Such as

Apoklepz
    Crimson Lotus
    Tealdragon
    NastyNate
    marcuz
    Cuba
    Briggzy 11

and....Ok, looking back some people from when I joined are still active such as:

gunntims0103(lets not forget what awesome status he is now )
    Gizmo356
    JKKDARK
    Kramer
    Mark30001
    ACN010
    MasterChafed
    The Hombrew Hunter
    BL8ZED

And many more Im too lazy to name. Point is, I may not really have been here for vey long (1 year on Saturday) but theres enough memories to go around. Homebrew(Monkey64) or otherwise (Kaiser speaking German).

Im curious though...what was this site like when it was startin' out?

I remember Hombrew popping in IRC every now and then around 10PM EST. Ahh, those days...

lol, and he would get kicked like 50 times in one night...

I also remember the Vendeta incident on IRC as well

oh sweet memories
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    Im curious though...what was this site like when it was startin' out?
    It was a nice small tight community of mostly dreamcast developers (the developer to user ratio was like 1:1 for the first bit). There weren't advertisements in the news all the time,the pages didn't take forever to load, and there were at most a few thousand users. Oh, and we used yabb and not vbulletin. It was switched once we hit like 10000 users or so.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

I'm still in contact with TealDragon. He has his own forum now, so he isn't active here anymore.

He had some sort of illness a few months ago. His body surged to one hundred and something degrees, and his breath "was like fire" (ironic ain't it).

There seems to be lots of people (even more then you mentioned) that have come and gone. I don't feel like listing them though.

DCEmu Art Pro

I think it should be

EMU

DCemu will always be DCemu. Dreamcast is our console of choice.... It would also be a bitch to change the name XD

ive been here since august 06. quite a while. Dont forget one of the best members - Video_freak. he helped everyone till ppl scared him away with spamming accusations.

I have lots of memories of this place. Lots good, some bad, many strange.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information