Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist: Ten changes to the PSP

Blog Entries

psp Wishlist: Ten changes to the PSP

via pspfanboy

We love the PSP. But it's not perfect, is it? Certainly, there are a few things that could be changed. Tech Digest has a wishlist with ten suggestions to Sony. Do you agree with some, or all, of them?

No more UMDs: "faster load times, the increased battery life and the dramatically reduced risk of PSP shuriken injury."
    Hard drive, please: "it is high time we thought beyond the limitations of what the Memory Stick format has to offer."
    Better Wi-Fi: "let's up the ante with faster wireless connectivity. Because 802.11b was like totally 2005."
    Increased battery life: "Currently, you can expect between 4-8 hours of juice from your PSP's battery ... Surely we can do better than this by now."
    Brighter screen
    No more console ports: "A lot of the blame lies in Sony's non-committal to first-party development on the PSP" (Ironically, their most wanted game is still a port: Gran Turismo 4)
    Bluetooth: "the PS3 has Bluetooth, so I'm seeing a clear opportunity for the PSP to double up as full blown wireless controller."
    Even better Remote Play: "Give the PSP the power to turn your PS3 on and off. Let me browse content while my flat mates are getting repeatedly pwned at Resistance. And if it eats up their bandwidth, who cares?"
    Touch screen? Tilt control? "Why not have some touch screen functionality? But if that's still too limiting, why not have full set of six-axis motion detection to boot?"
    PSP-PS3 networked gaming: "PlayStation Home looks like it might be the ideal testing ground for just such an idea; the PS3 can act as the main programming platform for your own virtual home, while the PSP could simply let you hang out in your pad and check out others while you're away form the main console."
    Many of these revisions are ambitious, to say the least. While we may not see any of these features until a real PSP2 comes out, it's still fun to dream. What else would you add?

DCEmu Newbie

Hm...vibration would be nice.....XD

They are redesigning the PSP, they arnt making a PSP2.

Functions like tilt controls and rumble feature will NOT happen, because its not programed in the games, they might when/if a PSP2 comes out.

They will just be cosmetic and non-game changes, like touch screen, faster wifi etc.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

So they want to get rid of UMDs in favor of a Hard Drive? A Hard Drive in any portable device is a horrible idea. Any drop over 6 inches puts your HD at risk. Memory Stick Pro Duo is plenty fast and reliable to boot. That doesn't even take into account Sony's new Memory Stick coming that boasts 160Mb/s.

Thanks Wikimedia!

They really need to put something in there to keep the dust from getting under the screen. It's really frustrating when you're playing your PSP and there's dust under the faceplate reflecting light so you can hardly see anything on the screen.

im in favor of the bluetooth since popular devices include that... besides i want it so i can connect with my bluetooth headphone

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by sonikku88 View Post
    They really need to put something in there to keep the dust from getting under the screen. It's really frustrating when you're playing your PSP and there's dust under the faceplate reflecting light so you can hardly see anything on the screen.
    That is always one of my pet peeves with electronics. It occurred to me with the original Game Boy and was worse on the Sega Game Gear.

However, the PSP seems to be incredibly resistant to dust getting under the screen. Maybe if you use an aftermarket faceplate that doesn't fit or seal correctly, dust may sneak in. I suppose environment may play a role also.

There is no 100% verification from SONY on a new PSP or revision to the current model. And if the homebrew scene can keep trooping along, the current model of the PSP is really great. Not perfect, but what is?

With a better battery and an affordable 8GB memory stick, so much can be done with the PSP.

More space and battery life is what i want mostly.

I like the idea of better WiFi and a brighter screen, but everything else seems like a battery eater to me.

You'd have to add an increased battery life if Sony added most of those.

Quote Originally Posted by jupchinbom View Post
    Hm...vibration would be nice.....XD
    they thought about putting in vibration.
    but it couldnt be very strong anyway otherwaise if would shake too much to see the screen.
    scince the screen is attached vibration wouldn't be the best additon. plus it would kill the battery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information