Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Few Noob Questions..what's the deal

No....The hacked bios will boot from the chip.....You'll prob want a new dashboard as well...

Talking

Thanks Onetonbullet I've noticed you can add/do alot of stuff like that. But I won't even worry about that kind of thing untill I'm up and running.

the chip i got - x2.2 lite - was preflashed with the cromwell bios, but i remember i had to do some weird ass thing involving flashing an updated bios. All i can say is that its a real pain in the ass to get started in that you wont have ftp untill you put some kind of program with it on the machine through some form of dvd or cdrw media. this part is a real pain in the ass - get ready to make some MONSTER dummy files.

My Xenium chip has FTP all set up! I can set up the IP adress and network to my PC, all from the chips boot menu...

Oh yeah...It also came with a USB adapter, so you can flash bios from a thumb drive in a controller port

ah, i forget these newer chips are alot easier to set up! you shouldnt have any problems at all.

LMAO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    you shouldnt have any problems at all.
    Yeah right!!

Well, The chip seems to be installed and working fine but according to the Xecuter site I may need to return it to the company I got it from to be re-flashed.

According to the site: "Black Screen = New Xbox/Old Bios
    If you get a black video screen then you most probably
    have a new v1.6b Xbox and you have an older version of
    FlashBIOS. You will need to send it back to your installer
    to get it updated to FlashBIOS v3.03"

This is exactly the problem I've got. I sent in a Support request...I'll see what they say.

In the mean time I tried to just flash from the ROM drive (with no luck at all and 4 coasters)

Anyone have any other ideas?

Cool

OMG...just figured it out....I have got the FlashBios up ...now to move foward again...

You were abosolutely right 1timeuser I shouldn't have had any problems at all.
    I didn't realize I had to switch to a differend Bank to get the right BIOS for V1.6b (bank 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdemon
    OMG...just figured it out....I have got the FlashBios up ...now to move foward again...

You were abosolutely right 1timeuser I shouldn't have had any problems at all.
    I didn't realize I had to switch to a differend Bank to get the right BIOS for V1.6b (bank 5)
    mine came preflashed with cromwell, sometimes they dont come flashed at all i guess.

Well what actually messed me up was that for 1.6b version of Xbox I needed the version 3.3 of the original bios. I had to boot up from banks 5-8, once I had that down everything worked out.

THANKS!!! for all the helpfull info guys

Quote Originally Posted by Jdemon
    Well what actually messed me up was that for 1.6b version of Xbox I needed the version 3.3 of the original bios. I had to boot up from banks 5-8, once I had that down everything worked out.

THANKS!!! for all the helpfull info guys
    always a pleasure to help out a fellow xbox hacker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information