Thread: Kosmodrones

DCEmu Newbie

Default Kosmodrones

I've been working on a homebrew game together with some friends of mine for quite some time now and we are getting very close to a release date. So I thought it was about time to post some screenshots and tell you guys about it.

Kosmodrones is a gravity game in the same genre as the Amiga classics "TurboRaketti" and "Gravity Force". The game has three game modes. In single player race, you control a small spaceship that has to pass a set number of gates placed so that they make up a track. Your race highscores will then be uploadable to http://www.kosmodrones.com so that you can show off your skills.

The other two modes are 2-player race, where you race against a human opponent over adhoc, and 2-player deathmatch, where the goal is to humiliate your PSP-owning buddies by killing them brutally using one of your ships three weapon systems.

We've spent a lot of time making sure we have gotten everything right and hope you'll have as much fun playing it as we currently have during our playtesting sessions.

hui, looks and sounds nice. looking forward to the release =)

Looks really cool.

DCEmu Newbie

yayy, a new homebrew release... will this see online play?

DCEmu Newbie

No, sorry. There won't be online play, only adhoc. I think the game could really benefit from having that, though, as the 2-player deathmatch is the most interesting game mode. Online play would probably make that game mode a lot more accesible.

To be honest, I don't know how hard that would be to implement. If it seems like something I'd be able to pull off I'll try to get that in for an update later on. Until then xlink kai will be the way to go for online battles...

Thread Information