Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SNEmulDS 0.5 Alpha 2 Released

Blog Entries

NDS SNEmulDS 0.5 Alpha 2 Released

Archeide has released a new version of the excellent Snes emulator for the Nintendo DS:

Heres whats new:

This intermediate release fixes the critical issues that appeared with SNEmulDS 0.5 alpha. It also includes a better GFX engine, and the new SNES mouse emulation mode.

Here is the complete list of changes:

* Fixed the critical sound bug (should go back to SNEmulDS 0.4f sound)
    * Better GFX engine (use dynamic memory allocation)
    * SNES emulation mode (see below)
    * Fixed a bug in decimal ADC instruction (FZERO chronometer is now ok)
    * The number of cyles used by DMA is counted correctly (more games boot)

I removed the ARM7 entry addresses, it seems to break ninjads, and is not necessary for others (i hope!).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Great update! I've just got one suggestion, though. The stylus doesn't seem to be terribly accurate when you lift up and touch back down (it seems to jump to random locations). Maybe give the option of simply holding down the stylus to move the cursor around, and then press left or right on the D pad to click where it is. This is the ScummVM solution and I've found it works very well.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Zarigis View Post
    Great update! I've just got one suggestion, though. The stylus doesn't seem to be terribly accurate when you lift up and touch back down (it seems to jump to random locations). Maybe give the option of simply holding down the stylus to move the cursor around, and then press left or right on the D pad to click where it is. This is the ScummVM solution and I've found it works very well.
    Yea this update is awesome. You CAN just move around by pressing down in the d-pad. Left and right jump and click, and I havn't had major problems. You might double check your calibration.

For those that havnt tried this you're missing out. Today played mario paint and civilization with my ds and stylus! Be sure to read the readme that comes with. It will save you headaches. Keep it coming Archeide!

:thumbup: GREAT WORK, this has more improvement,( better Graphics, better sound, and It's just better all together.) I only have one question. How do you use the SNES mouse mode and can you use this with Mario paint?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Tripsk8er333 View Post
    :thumbup: GREAT WORK, this has more improvement,( better Graphics, better sound, and It's just better all together.) I only have one question. How do you use the SNES mouse mode and can you use this with Mario paint?
    boot up a mouse based game and press L+R+Start+(Left on the D-pad). This will flop the screens, allowing you to use the touch screen for mouse control. Do the same but press right to flip back. Press left on D-pad for mouse warp and left click, right on D-pad for mouse warp and right click. Press down on d-pad for warp with no click. Obviously then, to move the cursor around without warp, simply drag the stylus around on the touch screen. Its really ingenious for a game like mario paint because you can draw like youre drawing with pen and paper; wherever you touch, you draw. Its all in the readme, which can be opened with notepad. Anyways, just give it a try you'll see what I mean. It is superior in many ways to regular mouse movement. In the future snemul will support superscope games and even cursor based games with no mouse support, like lemmings or sim city. Its really quite genious.

Thumbs up !!!Snes Mouse!!!

:thumbup: WOW! THE SNES MOUSE is the Coolest improvement. I can accutuly play Mario Paint. BEST work Yet. THis is Awsome!:thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by skipboris View Post
    Yea this update is awesome. You CAN just move around by pressing down in the d-pad. Left and right jump and click, and I havn't had major problems. You might double check your calibration.

For those that havnt tried this you're missing out. Today played mario paint and civilization with my ds and stylus! Be sure to read the readme that comes with. It will save you headaches. Keep it coming Archeide!
    It seems like if i move the mouse any significant distance, the calibration goes all crazy and i need to press "up" on the d-pad to re calibrate it. I realize that pressing down on the d pad lets you move around without clicking, i'm just thinking that if you're currently pressing down with the stylus and you press "left" on the d-pad, it should click left. It does it the first time after you're in "hover" mode, but only once.

DCEmu Newbie

ok I have a mmd 4 gig hard drive and I have in the main directory of the hard drive(The one you acsess in windows exploer) But STILL get this error please put your roms in the snes directory which I did make an snes folder. Also, i did patch it with ddilid thing with the gui.

Make sure the snemul.cfg file is place in the root of the drive. I don't think this is the issue, but it's worth a shot.

Perhaps it simply isn't able to access the filesystem too well. Could you try patching http://snemul.free.fr/ds/SNEmulDS_Test.nds with DLDI and seeing if it works? Note that this with test version, games MUST be in the root directory, not the SNES directory. This is an old v0.3 version though, so it's rather out of date.

If the test version works, then perhaps we can ask Archeide to make a test version for the newest Alphas and such.

DCEmu Newbie

nope still dosn't work. Just a question when I patch a file should another file come up or the nds rom change in any way. Also the file sytem is fat32 should it be fat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information