Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did i brick my psp ?

DCEmu Newbie

i can see the main screen, but with a background of the devil may cry img. not the usual wavey red pink or blue type. and i cant change to the wavey one too coz fw1.5 doesn have theme change.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by theICE_MAN View Post
    sounds not good. if you used a custom gameboot thats corrupt then you cant load any games. no games on 1.5 with no recovery means no way to fix it that i know of.
    but i'm not using custom gameboot.. or am i ? what do u mean by custom gameboot ? things like themepsp and devhook ?

the custom gameboot is the little PSP thing that pops up when you start a game

Blog Entries

ok so the hanging/ crashing happens while under the devhook? if so you dont have a brick. if it crashes while on 1.5 you have a problem.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BL8Z3D247 View Post
    yeh the default one is the original PSP gameboot.pmf, wait can you see the XMB or "main screen" on your PSP? or does your memory stick light just keep flashing?
    i can see the main screen.
    This is what happen when i start my psp

switch on > "Lets rock baby" (instead of the original psp sony sound) > main screen with DMC wallpaper.

I can still scroll around options, pictures, music, video and game tabs. But when i start a homebrew, instead of the psp original screen this theme was suppose to have some dude kicking the screen, but mine freezes half way through the kicking process. It hangs and after a few seconds, let me time the thing..approx 15secs, it switches off by itself.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by theICE_MAN View Post
    ok so the hanging/ crashing happens while under the devhook? if so you dont have a brick. if it crashes while on 1.5 you have a problem.
    it crashes on 1.5 and yes i was running a custom gameboot

its sad to know i'm learning so much about my psp but its too late to do anything about it..

well may i recommend upgrading then downgrading, this should fix your problem

edit: wait it will freeze, unless you upgrade thru network update but it will give you 3.30 which you can't downgrade yet, so nevermind i'm outta ideas

DCEmu Newbie

i tried but it wont run anything, not even the upgrading process, coz it has to go through the gameboot first dont it ?

DCEmu Newbie

ok... so if i upgrade through network, i still stand a chance ? will it run the gameboot if i update through network ? since downgrading from the latest upgrade is a soon to happen thing with the pros around.. is it ?

Blog Entries

stop double posting. if you update through the update icon you will have a clean perfect 3.30 with no homebrew.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information