Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did i brick my psp ?

DCEmu Newbie

woops sorry.

okie. so u guys reckon i should update then ?

when did the 3.30 came out ?

Quote Originally Posted by mkelvin View Post
    ok... so if i upgrade through network, i still stand a chance ? will it run the gameboot if i update through network ? since downgrading from the latest upgrade is a soon to happen thing with the pros around.. is it ?
    like theICE man said 3.30 at the time has no access to homebrew so i wouldn't upgrade thru the network update

Blog Entries

its either update to 3.30 and wait for it to be cracked or have a psp that cant play games.

DCEmu Newbie

ok... thanks for the help guys.

just a last question, once theres homebrew for 3.30, does that mean i can network update mine, then downgrade it back ? and things will be the same again ?

okie.. now i've got another problem. its got error connecting to the server. not my end, but probably sony's end ? i tested my connection, its connecting, but not to update server.

damn this is getting to my nerve...

DCEmu Newbie

hi. sorry to be a pain, this psp is my everything. my mp3 player, games of coz and yeh... i cant afford to have it bricked.

i'm using my neighbour's psp to download an update into my ms, then run it on my psp. will that work ?

Get a 2.71 firmware update. Put it in X:\PSP\UPDATE.

From what I've gathered, you can start up your PSP and scroll around, but you can't start any applications because your gameboot is messed up.

Try this:
    Turn your PSP on.
    Go to the Memory Stick under Game.
    Find the 2.71 update (assuming you have placed it already).
    Hold down the button that changes the screen's brightness for a few seconds, and keep holding it down. While you do this, press "X" to start the update that you should have "moused" over.

I've heard someone say its worked before, so it is worth a shot. Assuming the update runs successfully, downgrade back to 1.50 and then install 3.03 OE-C (my personal preference).

DCEmu Newbie

hi. was it x:\psp\update or x:\psp\game\update ?

just wanna be sure

omggg... its working... its updating......

So yeah, like I said. Find the 2.71 downgrader (I don't know where it is, should be around here somewhere) and downgrade down to 1.50.

To prevent further problems (mostly, anyways), get 3.03 OE-C on your PSP (Google it).

After you get 3.03 OE-C, you will notice you cannot run most (any?) homebrew.

When you start the PSP up, hold down the Right trigger and go into the recovery screen. Go to Configuration and find something that says "Game folder homebrew". Hover over it and press X, and change it to 1.50 Kernel. Exit, and you'll be able to run it again, with less risk of bricking your PSP.

DCEmu Newbie

sorry to double post, but i'm too excited now.. it worked !!!

thank you heaps gymnotropic... u're a legend... i've been frowning for the entire day its great to be finally smiling again...

now.. to downgrade to 1.5 then install 3.03, if u dont mind can u guide me through the process ? i dont wanna brick my psp again.. thank u again...

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...8114&jump=true

Here is an excellent one. Ironically, it is on the Playstation board.

Be incredibly cautious when following these instructions-- the only way something could go wrong is if you don't follow closely.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information