Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: original 1.5 wants to play new games...

DCEmu Newbie

Default original 1.5 wants to play new games...

I own an original 1.5 that I would like to play newer games on. I have never upgraded. I considered DevHook, but it looks like there are better options. I don't want to do anything to brick my PSP.

What is the best option if I want to play new games and also convert my old PS1 games to be playable on my PSP (I don't know if I can do that with DevHook)? Other than watching my converted DVDs, I am not really interested in doing much more than that. Maybe I am one of those people that should just update regularly...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Anyone here would probably tell you to upgrade to a custom firmware-- there are risks involved in doing it if not done correctly, however.

Google up "3.03 OE-C". My personal preference in custom firmware.

DCEmu Newbie

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I saw you had helped the guy who thought he bricked his PSP, and was hoping you might see my message. I have 3.03 OE and 3.10 OE downloaded as well as the newest DevHook. I have some tutorials as well that seem to be easy to follow. I am not the most technically savvy person, but I can follow directions well. I will almost certainly need to use an easy installer.

So 3.03 OE will allow me to:

1. Play all of my new UMD games (I have the actual games...not ISO's)?

2. Play my converted PS1 games?

3. Watch my converted DVD's? (what do you recommend for converting...I was going to by Xcopy9 or something?)

Any advantage to 3.10 OE?

Thanks again for any advice.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    I stuck to 1.5 as if my life depended on it. I was extremely reluctant at first, but I NEVER regretted updating to Dark_Alex's custom firmware 3.10 o-ea.
    Shadowblind, thanks for the reply. Do you think that 3.10 OE has advantages over 3.03 OE?

I only had Hot Shots golf, Lumines and Ridge Racer for a long time so I didn't need to update. I got new games for Christmas, but found out about all the homebrew stuff so I have been sort of paralyzed while trying to figure out what to do. I would like to keep the option of learning a lot of new stuff to do with my PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by bjaffe View Post
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I saw you had helped the guy who thought he bricked his PSP, and was hoping you might see my message. I have 3.03 OE and 3.10 OE downloaded as well as the newest DevHook. I have some tutorials as well that seem to be easy to follow. I am not the most technically savvy person, but I can follow directions well. I will almost certainly need to use an easy installer.

So 3.03 OE will allow me to:

1. Play all of my new UMD games (I have the actual games...not ISO's)?

2. Play my converted PS1 games?

3. Watch my converted DVD's? (what do you recommend for converting...I was going to by Xcopy9 or something?)

Any advantage to 3.10 OE?

Thanks again for any advice.
    3.10 oe can do all of that and play pal ps1 games.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for jumping in weirdelf...I will plan on upgrading with one of the OE's tonight. I will report back and let everyone know how it is.

The first PS1 game that I want to play is Einhander...I can't wait!

The converting process is quite difficult. I recommend that you use this guide:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d.php?p=391740

DCEmu Newbie

I did it! I just upgraded to 3.10oe! I used the easy installer from Vision and it was a breeze. I played a new UMD to test it out and it worked perfectly. Thanks for all of your responses and encouragement.

I am going to make ISO's of some of my PSX games tomorrow and try them out. I will use the Popstation info. that weirdelf provided a link for.

Does that automatically place the game in the right directory/file on my memory card after a make the image?

Do I need any other application to run the PSX iso?

Thanks again!

Depending on which popstation gui you use it can indeed place it in the correct location on mem stick. and you may need alcohol120% or something similar to rip your ps1 game to iso before you convert to eboot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information