Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3-Wii gap narrowing, still a battle though

ps3 PS3-Wii gap narrowing, still a battle though

via PS3 Fanboy

Famitsu publisher Enterbrain decided to toss out some numbers regarding the PlayStation 3 and the Nintendo Wii. Seems the Wii is outselling the PS3 by two to one in Japan. Now, now, put those jeers and stabbing comments away, ladies and gents. Two to one... in Japan. Japan, where the Wii is incredibly huge. Just two to one. Monetarily, the two are on equal grounds. Numerically, it's double. The gap used to be much, much larger -- slightly beyond the four to one ratio by the end of January.

Does this mean the fad for the Wii is dying down? Or that the PS3 is picking up sales? We can't say that "everyone already has a Wii now" because look at the sales of the Nintendo DS -- always on top of the sales charts. Maybe Nintendo is severely limiting supply. Whatever the case, it's good to know that the gap is narrowing and as more games come out for both systems, we'll see a much tighter struggle for market power in Japan.

sony is catching up

DCEmu Newbie

Maybe. I doubt that the ps3 will sell many more after the Hardcore Lamers buy it.

The wii has staying power.
    The ps3 is just a ps2 with HD cables. Think about it. Is it possible the have a PS2 harddrive? Yes.
    Can you get HD PS2 cables? Yes.
    Do you have to sell you car to buy a Wii? no.

Blog Entries

in 20 years when your all strapping on boots, gloves, and a helmet to play a game you will all be thinking "thank you nintendo!!"

they opened the door to different control methods with the ds and then kicked it in with the wii.

honestly after playing a shooter on wii you dont wanna go back. thats even with the crappy shooters wii has so far!! when we get online HOLY CRAP!

no more kiddie persona too guys! scarface, manhunt, godfather yay! combine that crazy disembodying fun with super paper mario and you've got yourself a ps3-killer hahahaha

PS3 User

Quote Originally Posted by theICE_MAN View Post
    in 20 years when your all strapping on boots, gloves, and a helmet to play a game you will all be thinking "thank you nintendo!!"
    I'll be thinking 'what the ѕhit is the point of all this', then go play some Playstation 6 :)

Nowhere and everywhere at the same time...

well said 808. And btw, wii online will never beat live or PSN. and i know that without seeing it. Oh wait... no one has seen it yet have they? lol.
    and i didnt have to sell my car to buy one either, i got it for 300 pounds with 2 games and 2 controllers. Bargain!
    Add me as a friend on PSN! my name is B00STER123, in honour of the man who inspired me to start programming, b00ster.
    btw there is 2 zeroes instead of o's.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theICE_MAN View Post
    Nintendo is not responsible for VR technology and their $#@!ty control method will not ascend to that either.

If VR games ever hit the market, we'll be thanking the likes of Lockheed Martin or Boeing or NASA. Hell even Hollywood would be more deserving of credit for VR tech than Nintendo ever would.

And in 20 years, who is to say Nintendo will even be around? Kids are growing up faster than ever thanks to the internet. There will come a time when Nintendo's for kids marketing strategy and for games only strategy will fail. Especially in the home of the future...

Quote Originally Posted by paul1991 View Post
    Maybe. I doubt that the ps3 will sell many more after the Hardcore Lamers buy it.

The wii has staying power.
    The ps3 is just a ps2 with HD cables. Think about it. Is it possible the have a PS2 harddrive? Yes.
    Can you get HD PS2 cables? Yes.
    Do you have to sell you car to buy a Wii? no.
    HAHAH. Thats hilarious bro. Funny how you take the TRUTH about the Wii (the fact that its a Gamecube 1.5... NOT EVEN A Gamecube 2 but 1.5....) and slate that about the PS3. The PS3 is 10x more powerful than the PS2.

The Wii is not even twice as powerful as the Gamecube... 729 MHz clockspeed of the Wii and 485 MHz clockspeed of the Gamecube...

The staying power is also bull$#@!; the Wii does not have staying power whatsoever, as it wasn't designed for the future. It was designed for the past, judging from the technology it uses. Gameplay is important to alot of people, and Nintendo hopes for this, but graphics are just as important and in the next 5 years I suspect a majority of homes will be outfitted with HD tvs, which the Wii cannot make use of. And seeing how SD things look like absolute $#@! on HD, the death of the Wii will come the instant HD-tvs are fully adopted by the public.

Thats what happens when you don't FutureProof your consoles.

Blog Entries

ok im not saying that nintendo made make vr. never said that... what i DID say was that nintendo has opened the door to it. the ds and the wii are the first steps in that direction that have reached the mass market and received acceptance.

DCEmu Legend

The PS3 has motion sensing as well, that shouldn't be excluded. Especially since its method works without flaw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    The PS3 has motion sensing as well, that shouldn't be excluded. Especially since its method works without flaw.
    umm the wii's motion sensing doesnt work without flaw? um right ok then. ive had mine for wuite a while now and every issue ive had has been me doing something stupid/wrong.

yeah great the ps3 is powerful fantastic. yeah it has rip-off motion control woopdeedoo. heres the catch: the majority of gamers are "casual". casual gamers wont pay $600 for something they see as a game system.

honestly the ps3 may be better. who cares. its too much cash buddy.

all i know is im having more FUN with the wii than i have since playing mega-man on the snes so many years ago. its about FUN not how much horsepower it has.

EDIT: do you really think that people will trash their wii because its not hi-def? "oh man its not clear enough...."*trash can* honestly, if your breaking point is graphics not being crystal clear you may need therapy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information