Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: GCSX Source Code Released - Playstation Emulator for Nintendo Wii/Gamecube

Quote Originally Posted by Vector_Matt View Post
    A Playstation emulator for the Wii would be great.
    Unfortunately I don't know enough about coding to make an emulator, but I could help with testing and bug locating.

Also if a psx emulator is made it should probably support GC controllers, as not all of us have/want a classic controller.
    Most homebrew uses gamecube controllers in it's first stages so I don't think you don't have anything to worry about.
    But, I doubt someone is working on this particular emu at this moment though.

Hm..Well, they have a saturn emu now (barely working) but the future looks great for this emu now all that it's gonna take is time for someone to pick this up. *waits*

DCEmu Newbie

Calling on everyone who wants a playstation emulator for Wii

http://www.zodttd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2332

I found someone who is willing to port it..hopefully we'll have a psone emulator in development!!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by davidw89 View Post
    Calling on everyone who wants a playstation emulator for Wii

http://www.zodttd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2332

I found someone who is willing to port it..hopefully we'll have a psone emulator in development!!
    DUDE.......... AWESOME........ :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice, try to make a gamecube port as well

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by zodttd View Post
    I'm willing to take it on. Guess I need to get a Wii. Exciting news about Wii / GC homebrew.

I bet I can get "fullspeed" emulation out of the GC / Wii with my teams psx4all emulator. I'll look into it.

Is there a demand for such an emulator for the GC / Wii? I ask since I normally aim to get psx4all working on handhelds. Getting it to work on a console, would mean they could just use a PS1/PS2.
    What he said:

I really would like to do psx4wii, but at the time things were just starting to get going in terms of Wii Homebrew.

I would want to do psx4wii for native Wii homebrew, and not the Gamecube compatibility mode of course. For performance reasons.

I unfortunately do not have a Nintendo Wii though. If I had one, I would be working on it at very least in my free time. I think it would be a fun project, though not the easiest due to homebrew being in its infancy on the Wii.

For now it seems I would need a modded Wii as well, and I dont solder. I highly doubt someone will donate a premod due to the price. :P

Do you think it's possible to get a PS2 emulator to work? I really want to play Kingdom Hearts without lining Sony's Pocketbook.

DCEmu Newbie

I'll bet $10, no PS2 emulator won't be ported to Wii considering it doesn't even run at full speed on the computer yet (damn my quad core can't run it properly yet)..

Quote Originally Posted by kingslime80 View Post
    Do you think it's possible to get a PS2 emulator to work? I really want to play Kingdom Hearts without lining Sony's Pocketbook.
    Wii could never emulate PS2.

So, if any of you get a hold on where I can put my donation so the guys get a Wii, post it, 'll gladly donate a couple of bucks for this one!!!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information