Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not sure if i bricked or not...

DCEmu Newbie

Default not sure if i bricked or not...

hello everyone,

this is my first post on this forums, but i've been browsing around for a few months learning a lot from everyone.

anyways, i've been on 3.10A' OE for a while now, and today decided that i wanted to downgrade to 3.03 OE C so I could play around with themes and icons etc.

so i grabbed the 3.03 OE C pack from dark alex's site and used the DXAR file that i generated from my initial installation of 3.10 OE A, and everything was going fine I hit X and didn't pay attention, I just remember that it was going through the update process in the red text.

a few minutes later I looked down and saw that the screen had gone black, so i thought to myself maybe it had restarted.

i tried turning it on and all it does is the screen comes on but its just black, but i can see the black light, and the battery light indicator turns on and stays on, and at the beginning the memory light blinks for awhile and stops...

i've tried holding down R and turning it on to get into recovery menu but it doesnt load it, it just does the same, black screen, battery light comes on, memory light blinks for a bit and stops..

i've also hit the brightness button, and tried alternating with battery out, and ac adapter in etc. and no luck..

i dont know what to do, do i need to have the recovery pack on my memory stick, for it to be able to successfully go into recovery menu?

also im guessing maybe that the psp isnt fully turning off when i just pop the battery out and put it back in, and thats why i can't get to recovery menu?

also if ithelps, i can't hear the UMD be accessed when I turn it on.

thanks in advance

also it wont turn off by itself, but if i hold the power button for a while (longer than the usual, like about 10 seconds) it will power off, so i can power it on and it'll stay on, and i can power it down, but holding down R when powering up I dont get to recovery menu...

You must have bricked when you used the 3.03 flasher combined with a 3.10 DXAR. Your suppose to create a new DXAR using the 3.03oe-c update maker.

Blog Entries

yep. bad DXAR. if you cant get at recovery you're screwed.

DCEmu Newbie

darn... what are my options now? undiluted platinum?

it was a white ceramic psp too =\

get a new mobo, or trade in your psp and get another.

DCEmu Newbie

well i bought my psp from some small shop in new york city so i dont think i can trade it in..

how easy is it to replace the motherboard?

and also for undiluted platinum, once i have that installed, can i flash the original psp nand and take out the modchip and have it working like a normal psp?

Im bricked aswel but for a different reason. I just brought a UP and am waiting on the delivery. If you get one u may aswel leave it in the psp because it is very hard to install. once it is installed u can reflash the actual psp and if u ever brick the UP u can recovery it using the program on the computer for it and it has a direct cable that from the psp into the computer so that u can recovery it even from a full brick. DaX has made a 3.03 and 3.10 mix up so that u can use the topmenu of 3.03(installd on the UP) and use the gaming side of 3.10(installed on the psp). if you dont wanna use that then it just works like a normal psp but runs of the UP and it u hold L while booting up it switchs to the PSP..

Have you tried accessing recovery a long shot i know but worth a try anyway.

DCEmu Newbie

Default happy again~

hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions...

i pretty much screwed myself over by using the .dxar file from the 3.10 easy installer pack instead of generating my own from the 3.03 oedmaker, so i don't think it was one of those semi-brick situations.. .

anyhow, i was in luck because a friend of mine had a psp with a cracked screen (airport luggage handlers...), and he had bought a new psp and just had this one lieing around...

so around 11 oclock tonight we decided that we could just switch out the mother boards... having no knowledge in what we were getting ourselves into, we went to walmart to get thigns like screwdrivers, soldering iron, tweezers and so forth...

turns out you dont need anything but a screw driver and nimble fingers... but basically after about an hour and half of yanking and hammering we ended up figuring it all out and swapped the motherboards out and it works beautifully! piece of cake

my ceramic white psp is back in action~! but this whole experience makes me want to tinker a bit more and i'd really like to install a modchip into it, but as far as i know there's only two? psp devolution and undiluted platinum? unfortunately the motherboard i dropped in is a ta*082 motherboard so i dont think i can use either yet...

ohhh, and btw, since i have a white ceramic psp, and the psp that we took apart for parts was black, i switched out the buttons and the analog stick and what not and it looks really spiffy~ :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Good for you alne,

I also plan on getting a White faceplate for my Black PSP (the faceplate is badly scratched). I also plan on having the black buttons under the white faceplate. I think it would look awesome overall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information