Thread: My PC is not seeing my PSP anymore

Default My PC is not seeing my PSP anymore

My PC no longer reacts to my PSP. I don't get "unrecognized device," or anything. It doesn't even show up in "My Computer."

My PSP says "USB Mode" so I know the PSP sees the PC and that the cable works. My USB ports/controllers aren't bad because my printer, iPod, etc work from it. So which end is faulty?

My PSP is running firmware 3.10 OE-A
    My PC is running Windows XP SP2.

I have tried rebooting my PC and PSP; I have tried each USB port; I have tried from other PC's, and I am stumped. Oh yeah, I've also tried from recovery mode.

I never mess with my flash files, so I couldn't have screwed up a prx file or anything...

Any ideas?

have you had a look in the device manager?

control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager.

it should be in there. Just re-install the drivers if its there
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

my computer can have memory sticks put directly into it, so i use a "Memory Stick Duo Adaptor" to connect my psp memory stick to the computer. if you have a slot for one like mine, you may want to think about getting one.

I would double check the lead if i where you your psp will say usb mode even if the cable is damaged as it says that purely because the lead is plugged in even if it its not working so unless you have tested the lead on some other device to see if connects that ie a digital camera or something it will most probably be your lead.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgy47 View Post
    I would double check the lead if i where you your psp will say usb mode even if the cable is damaged as it says that purely because the lead is plugged in even if it its not working so unless you have tested the lead on some other device to see if connects that ie a digital camera or something it will most probably be your lead.
    This could be possible. I have some friends with PSP's, I'll have to test with their cables.

Also, since my first post, I have tried in safe mode, I have formatted my memory stick (just to be safe), and I have tried without a memory stick at all. No help.

May be the cable, though.

Also, the memory card slot thing would work and is a good idea, but the point is I shouldn't HAVE to do that since the old way worked before and I should be able to keep doing it that way.

Thanks for the ideas, everybody.

Thread Information