Thread: Guild Wars 2 -- console bound free MMO decency or not?

ps3 Guild Wars 2 -- console bound free MMO decency or not?

via PS3 Fanboy

Yes, Guild Wars is sitting on my desktop currently and no, I'm not level 20 or anything. Why? Because my laptop doesn't like to load it... and every map needs such heavy updating I'm pretty sure I'll never play it again. But that's not the point! It was free! Aside from the initial purchase price. What did that yield? A pretty decent following, but coupled with at-most decent gameplay focused primarily on teamwork. Maybe things have changed, but those were my impressions from the first few months of release.

In any case, Guild Wars 2 is bound for beta testing in 2008 and they're releasing some other expansion pack later this year. An interview with Eurogamer brought up the question whether this sequel would come to consoles. Ben Miller responded to the question thus: "We are focused on PCs right now. I think consoles remain an interesting opportunity for Guild Wars in the future, but that's not something we've announced any plans for at this time." Basically, that means "Yeah, it's being tossed around."

It would make sense for Guild Wars 2 to come to the PlayStation 3 at the very least, since online is already free. Would they be able to throw the game up on the PS-Store at a cheaper price to get even more interest? I'd give it another shot, for sure, if it was easy to get to. And the PS3 certainly has more processing power than this aging dinosaur of a laptop. Thoughts?

that will b cool but dont u think if these start to come to PS3 ... WoW will want 2 come aswell :P

WoW isn't free, gthey are money grabbing mofos.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Thread Information