Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Alex 3.30OE Custom Firmware Update: PS1 Emulation Improved!

Blog Entries

psp Dark Alex 3.30OE Custom Firmware Update: PS1 Emulation Improved!

via pspgen comes some new info on the next release of the custom firmware, it will have improved PS1 Emulation:

translation:

If, as DarK_Alex announced yesterday it will not have there a great innovation in the 3.30 OE it does not remain about it less than one small surprise will await you in integrated emulator PS1. Indeed while working on this one, they realized that an option making it possible to regulate the rate loading (In the play) of ISOs PS1 is present in this new version. Previously, in the old versions, the speed of the loading was done with identical compared to the PS1. Today, it will be possible, via an option, to choose between the original mode and an accelerated loading! We benefit from the occasion to say to you that the 3.30OE is in good way and that, DarK_Alex not having still a PSP, it still does not have there a precise date envisaged. But like us had already said it to you, no play not asking the 3.30, there is no need to hurry with the lake!

Very interesting.

DCEmu Newbie

so cool.. but lol at the straight translation heh.. i actually laughed out loud at "But like us had already said it to you, no play not asking the 3.30, there is no need to hurry with the lake!"

Cheers for DAX!

DCEmu Legend

Many were already aware that SONY had implemented the faster loading of PS1 games in the official 3.30 firmware. This along with improved compatibility and possibly performance is the main reason I look forward to 3.30 OE.

Its now been more than 3 months since the Christmas morning surprise from Dark_AleX but the fact that there is FULL SPEED PSX emulation on the PSP is still something that puts a smile on my face everyday.

And like all other great emulators for the PSP, I look forward to all of the improvements SONY adds to the POPS PSX emulator.

I hope Dark_AleX has seen a spike in donations after the failure of his PSP/modchip. But no rush. He shouldn't be pressured to release. Whenever he is ready there will be hundreds of thousands of people anxiously awaiting and very appreciative.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by starogre View Post
    if this fw bricked da's psp and the others didn't, theres more of a chance for this one to brick mine than his other fw's
    I was sort of thinking the same thing. If Dark Alex's PSP can brick, then perhaps it's not so safe, but I'm sure with good time it will be just as safe as the other custom firmware releases. Good luck Dark Alex.

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

very good:thumbup:

DCEmu Legend

psp 3.30 OE did not brick Dark_AleX's PSP

if this fw bricked da's psp and the others didn't, theres more of a chance for this one to brick mine than his other fw's
    People need not be misinformed about the circumstances surrounding Dark_AleX's PSP. His PSP bricked due to hardware not software (3.30 OE). The hardware failure was something to do with his modchip. A prototype version of 3.30 OE did not brick D_A's or anyone else's PSP.

hmm i wonder what the accelerated loading is, it may get tedious turning it off and on to speed up already short load times for most games only to disable graphical quality
    This will be a setting like any other with PSX games. You will just need to turn the setting on once for each game you want to use it on. It will stay saved along with all other settings in the save file for that PSX game. It won't be tedious.

yea i know i use a good Free Online Translator lol.

anticipating Dax's release

DCEmu Pro

This sounds promising although, I feel horrible for DarK_Alex because his psp broke.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information