View Poll Results: Do You Believe In Aliens?

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • Yep, intelligent ones.

24 63.16%
  • Nope, I'm a retard.

6 15.79%
  • Yep, but non-intelligent ones.

7 18.42%
  • Not sure. I haven't taken any time to think about it

1 2.63%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In Aliens?

pretty obvious. there must be some intelligent life in our gigantic universe.

I think there has to be. If we are the only living things in the whole universe, then the universe is pretty much doomed...

Post The Vast Reality.

I've met people who have varied perceptions of the universe.

I even once met a fully adult lady in her 30's that thought the sun went out at night and was indeed the moon "only with the lights turned off" As painful as it is for me "not to" I didn't laugh at her.

It dawned upon me that astronomy is just another subject that some people suck at. Like geography or state capitals. So its easy to understand that when someone wants to get a point across. Its best to have all evidence that support your theory readily available.

I would like to start off with a simple google image of The entirety of the known universe.

This simple pseudo 3d image represents all the known universe to date with the most advanced technology science has to offer. This includes radio imaging, inferred scans and microwave telescopic resonance imaging, Which is well known for its incredibly high frequency, I wont go off on a rant, But ill give a simple explanation. As you know, a microwave is simply a wave like any other with an incredibly high concentrate of peaks and dips. this " high definition wave" is used because it can travel great distances and accurately gage measurements like size and density of objects that other means of technology could never hope to reach.

Anyhow. on to the pic. This pic is a 3D image of the known universe.

If this image where scale, "which at some inconceivable fraction, It most likely is"

At that scale. We don't have the technology to see our galaxy on this map, "It would be so miniscule that even the most sophisticated microscope "in all the world" wouldn't be able to detect our faint presence on this, "The KNOWN universe"

But that's just the beginning. This is after all just a representation of what technology can allow us to see. And even mighty technology has its limits.

But this Box represents all we know. yet you can clearly see this mass continues outside of what we are able to see , it just goes on.
    An even more plausible thought would be. This is what we can see of our universe, But in the long run this is only a cursory glance at the sky with a magnified glass. Even inside this apparently ongoing mass of galaxies and stars, there will be discoveries we could have never imagined. and as one could assume this scale image of the known universe, is little more then a peace of a larger possibly infinite and ongoing "vast reality"

It's painfully obvious that in our own lifetimes and the lifetimes of countless generations beyond us. we wont possess the technology to fully explore even our own galaxy. " its estimated that traveling at the speed of light it would still take countless generations to cross "our milky way".

To give you a momentum to work with, it takes the light from our own sun eight minuets to reach us here on earth. Some stars have went through there entire birth to death cycle" billions of years" before their light even begins to peak in our most sophisticated technology. Think about that for a second.....

For all we really know, outside those walls if what we know to be the known universe. there are stars and planets the size of this entire area the scale represents.

When facing an infinite universe. One absolutely must be open to a mirid of different possibilities.

Now how big is the universe really? Yeah, 100 out of 100 %, there is life out there beyond earth.

wow shadow u know wat ur talking about
    i have always believe that they are ET's out there because it would realy suck if we were the only intelligence life forms out there

Yep, big and nasty aliens!!!

JK

RIP: Agapito Elber Gudo.
    RIP: Rosa Melano
    Chema! Te lo lavas!
    Have a nice day! lmao

Traveling the speed of light is a waste. There's too many draw backs, including your mass would get very large, and you would travel 100s of years into the future.

I think the best way to do it is to figure out how to travel to a different dimension. Then, we can start exploring.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah I do. The universe is simply too vast for us to be alone.

Plus I've always thought it be cool if our future was somewhat like Star Trek (crazy adventures and all).

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by ExcruciationX View Post
    Traveling the speed of light is a waste. There's too many draw backs, including your mass would get very large, and you would travel 100s of years into the future.

I think the best way to do it is to figure out how to travel to a different dimension. Then, we can start exploring.
    You are convinced that alternate dimensions are real?

I'm not sure about other dimensions, i'm not sure either way, but more in the there is way. I think, there is someone just like me, not really an evil twin, that is doing the same thing as i am. Not like the Futurama episode where they sort of are opposites with decisions though

I don't believe in aliens because it goes against my beliefs but I do think about it sometimes. The universe is a huge place and to think we are the only ones in such a huge space. If the universe was a person the earth would be like one tiny cell in the its huge body. So basically I don't believe in them but I haven't completely ruled out the possibility.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information