View Poll Results: Do You Believe In Aliens?

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • Yep, intelligent ones.

24 63.16%
  • Nope, I'm a retard.

6 15.79%
  • Yep, but non-intelligent ones.

7 18.42%
  • Not sure. I haven't taken any time to think about it

1 2.63%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In Aliens?

yes well done.

back on topic.
    aliens.
    aliens killed god.
    lol.

Nice show of character, tIM.

Regardless of my overwhelming urge to keep digging, I would now be showing a complete lack of character to do so, as I think anyone else would be. Let our example of being an arse serve as a lesson in how not to conduct a debate.

Moving on (as we should)...

"They wouldn't still be experimental after 50 years. Becides, people have been seeing them for 1000s of years." - this is undeniable. If millitary technology was advanced enough for high-G, high-velocity aircraft tests in a time long before spitfires, I really don't see why aircraft like the Eurofighter would be the most advanced modern example of high-G maneuverability nowadays.

There are many historical accounts of UFOs, particularly before human flight was conceived of. A quick Google yields some interesting results (for instance- UFOIndia.org), but your local library would likely yield more fruitful results, if you're lucky enough to have one.

Throughout the ages, in cultures across the globe, there have been accounts of strange lights in the sky. In particular, almost every major conflict in history is surrounded by sightings - even over Roman battlefields!

As recently as WWI and WWII, pilots of every nationality reported inexplicable sightings, and men in the field of battle described low-flying, high-velocity, unidentified flying objects.

Much can be passed-off as a product of the human psyche - the need to believe in something as a consequence of the fear of death (or some-such article of psychology) in times of stress or mortal danger - but the sheer proliferation of stories and accounts back through countless ages, to a time when crude cave-paintings were rendered as lasting testimony... it beggars belief that it could all be imagination, or human experimentation, or stress-induced hallucination.

Of course, this in-and-of itself does not necessarily suggest the activity of sentient extra-terrestrial beings in high-technology flying machines, visiting Earth for the sake of overseeing the latest human act of mass carnage, but it certainly stretches rational explanation to extraordinary lengths.

No. While experimental aircraft could be to blame for a lot of very recent sightings, there are simply too many historical accounts to be ignored or dismissed so easily.

Just my 2p.

Blog Entries

our understanding of our surroundings is far more basic than we admit. im just saying dont be so quick to assume that something you cant explain is an alien. it could very well be some undiscovered event that has nothing to do with anything intelligent.

while im not saying aliens arent real and just ignore it im also not saying that they are. we need to find a scientific middle-ground on the topic and look at this subjectively. the question isnt is there life out there. the question is is it intelligent. the fact that bacteria exists on some planet seems a bit irrelevant.

Beside the fact that bacteria on another planet would classify as EXTREMELY SIGNIFICANT, this topic begs discussion of the possibility, not the belief.

When it comes down to it, the only logical debate any of us could have on this subject is that of probability. As anything beyond evidence is conjecture, nothing can be gained of declaring one's belief in UFOs - the pole, while poorly posed and insultingly worded, deals with whether or not any one of us believes in "aliens", the thread is a more appropriate place to pose theories and debate evidence. It certainly isn't a place to discuss the semantics of belief... is it?

I'm not "digging further" either.

BTW, how old are you, White Hawk?

Blog Entries

Aliens exist, but I highly doubt that they are called "Aliens" by their own

white hawk. I have to say, your skills of debate are top knotch.
    In my earlier days here I would have reveled in this. Still, for what skill you possess you hide lack of knowledge and facts behind it. Just spouting off random events roughly dated to the era the topic pertains too, while throwing in a little tone and a pinch of attitude doesn't cut it my friend.

If you want to prove something, give us something real to work with. So far you have been working with well known topics and key phrases any number of "christian chat room athiests" have been spouting off for years "in any given christian chat room on all the web"
    Prove to us your not just a forum troll hawk, bring me something real, bring me dates, times,events. In essence, bring proof of your claims. proove to us all that without a doubt, God isn't real, proove to us beyond doubt that aliens aren't real.
    The way I see it, unless you can do these things, your opinion means about as much as any other "standard forum troll.

wow told u of there

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprophet View Post
    white hawk. I have to say, your skills of debate are top knotch.
    In my earlier days here I would have reveled in this. Still, for what skill you possess you hide lack of knowledge and facts behind it. Just spouting off random events roughly dated to the era the topic pertains too, while throwing in a little tone and a pinch of attitude doesn't cut it my friend.

If you want to prove something, give us something real to work with. So far you have been working with well known topics and key phrases any number of "christian chat room athiests" have been spouting off for years "in any given christian chat room on all the web"
    Prove to us your not just a forum troll hawk, bring me something real, bring me dates, times,events. In essence, bring proof of your claims. proove to us all that without a doubt, God isn't real, proove to us beyond doubt that aliens aren't real.
    The way I see it, unless you can do these things, your opinion means about as much as any other "standard forum troll.

its because the the christian religion is not even meant to be taken literally. this "God" that is mentioned in the bible is not a real being, he is merely a symbolism of the fact that people who believe in the christian faith should have fear of what they are doing(e.g fear of doing wrong thigs or sins) none of these evens are real, they are merely symbolisms and guides on how to act and live as a christian.

back to topic:

aliens are green.

Quote Originally Posted by sourced View Post

aliens are green.
    PROOF?!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information