View Poll Results: Do You Believe In Aliens?

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • Yep, intelligent ones.

24 63.16%
  • Nope, I'm a retard.

6 15.79%
  • Yep, but non-intelligent ones.

7 18.42%
  • Not sure. I haven't taken any time to think about it

1 2.63%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In Aliens?

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

I almost want there to be no talking about this stuff anymore, too many people are getting pissed off at each other

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We shall continue that discussion here.
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...708#post405708

Back to discussion of Aliens and such in this thread.

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

I want to meet an alien, and scare the crap out of it

That's an amusing thought - that aliens might arrive, take one look at us, and run for their lives! We've all had Star Trek for years, so we're probably partially prepared for something fugly to come in peace - so unless ET has similarly prepared, these little pink bags of flesh we call bodies, may well be horrid looking to a handsome green blob...

If I met an alien, I'd ask for a tissue (or fluid) sample. Photos can be passed-off as fake, but try proving that ET's saliva belongs to something earthly!

Of course, your government would cover it up...

There's no end to such conspiracy theories... I just can't help but wonder sometimes if beneath all the ranting of madmen, writers and investigators, buried in the great pile of misinformation surrounding so many historical incidents, there isn't a small grain of truth to be found. There are just too many shifty goings-on from the side that supposedly has nothing to hide... O.o

On a side note, I also wonder if 2001: A Space Odyssey promoted stories like these.

That film was made in 1968, and actually inspired by Arthur C Clark's earlier short story The Sentinel, written in 1948 for a BBC writing competition, so it's plausible at least.

I always loved both the original story and the movie, and so that link above rather appeals to me.

Think about it.

Proof of an Extraterrestrial race has the power to ruin the U.S, and any other countries that hold any scrap of info if revealed. They'll protect it with anything to keep our country going.

They don't care about the religious side of it, they only care about losing money (which will happen).

Also, supposedly, my avatar is a real picture.

I'm not sure it's entirely correct to state that they wouldn't care about the religious side of things, especially as in the US, church and state are fairly indivisable.

Think about it; if religious leaders applied enough pressure to have school and history books re-written to inaccurately portray the method of crucifixion used by the Romans, how far would they go? There was a time when you were risking death just to suggest the Earth wasn't round, or wasn't the centre of the universe...

Taking the Catholic Church as just one example, it's a popular belief that the Vatican would gladly destroy evidence of extra-terrestrial life, as it would challenge certain assertions as a basis of their belief system. This is an easy assumption to make, and hard to disprove as a theory - absence of proof isn't proof of absence after all.

Governements also have to consider certain ramifications of confirming things that may prove to be otherwise explicable. I'm sure there's plenty being kept secret, regardless of the truth, but just imagine how easily a governing body could be discredited if they appear to subscribe to a belief, not just in the possibility of ET life, but in it's apparent affinity for visiting Earth.

It's easier for them to deny any proof until such a time as it becomes impossible. If the day comes when ET decides to land on the White House lawn (for example), it won't be a career killer for a country's leader to suggest that ET exists. Until then, there are still plenty of people to cry "crackpot" at the merest suggestion.

Perhaps you could provide a little detail on why you think it would be financially damaging to admit ET exists? I'm genuinely interested.

I don't know. It would make sense for a government to fall. It's already corrupted by keeping it secret.

did you know man has never steped on the moon it was all just fake.

Thread Information