Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fans dispel PSP misconceptions

psp Fans dispel PSP misconceptions

via PSP Fanboy

PSP games are ports: FALSE
    PSP lacks good games: FALSE
    PSP games have bad controls: FALSE

Fans are sick of the PSP misinformation that many DS fans are spreading on the Internet. Both Sony and Nintendo fanboys are responsible for immature, irrational thinking that's based on half-truths and lies. To combat this growing ignorance, PSP fans have taken the liberty to create an entire website devoted to debunking common PSP misconceptions. True to our namesake, we'd like to salute the people behind "thepsphasnogames," and hope they continue to fight the good fight. We know that once people have a chance to actually play the system, and learn more about its true capabilities, they too would be as enamored as we are.

Leave feedback via comments.

Arent most of the games for psp ports or am I just not understanding this post. Most games i have are ports of ps2 games

DCEmu Newbie

I think they mean direct ports, they want to show that because a game is based on a ps2 title, doesn't mean its a port. Like the GTA, MetalGear, Ratchet, and others. Although the GTA's are almost ports since they have the same cities and so on, but they all have something that the previous games didn't, so technically they are not ports either. I think they should do the same with the DS, they probably hate it, but it would be a good to see a site like that show some respect for the other side.

#EDIT# I just read the whole site and their argument is that there is more original content than ports, but I think my point is just as valid, maybe. #EDIT#

i hate when the freakin DS people dis on the PSP

Quote Originally Posted by steve520 View Post
    i hate when the freakin DS people dis on the PSP
    lol ye i hate that to but lookat it this way at least we dont look gay walking around with a ds in our hands lmao

DCEmu Newbie

Sorry but the DS boys have a point... I had a functional PSP for more than a year and a half and now is semi bricked (and I can't seem to fix it even though it has an UP! It's heartbreaking since I only got it chipped for it to be unbrickable and last forever...). I really liked it and miss it dearly for the emus, homebrew games and apps, and some games (WipeOut, Yu-Gi-Oh, Lumines...).

However though I own one (well technically I still have it though the chances I can get it to go ingame and play normaly are very slim... but sometimes it works ) I too can see it's flaws!

Yes there are few good games and too many of the popular ones are indeed ports of games from the PSX/PS2 or other platforms (either crippled or on steroids) or are available for home systems... But it does have some great games (could be more though...). Also few games are exclusive for this platform to make me preffer buying games for it rather than my PS2 (though some of the titles PS2 attract me in as a portable version). I waited for more than a year to see PSP exclusive "pearls" only to see them ported to other systems (GTA: LCS for the fans... I got bored of the series some time ago). The DS also has lots of ports for that matter.

Also for a handheld there aren't that many funny games around. I mean, I loved the gameboy for it's simple and fun games. I could play it while riding the bus or during small breaks and have a blast. Not many of these titles available for the PSP while if you look at the DS...

Also the controls do suck! I often get my hands numb if I play for a long time (this only happeened when I was a newb in the n64 world...). The analog is awful (playing PoP Revelations was a pain because the analog is real bad... also doing some moves in Tekken DR is way harder than in Tekken 5 because of the dpad, the position of the analog or the shape of the handheld...).

Some other flaws I see are in the hardware and UMD protection... Dirt gets inside the PSP real easy through the buttons gaps... Also the UMD should be totally closed like the Minidiscs... Or at least small plastic boxes should come bundled when you buy the game (you just can't put them in you pocket like you would with a cartridge). The DS is more robust and suitable for outdoors usage (and isn't this the point of a handheld?).

Don't get me wrong I really appreciated my PSP but Sony could've made it so much better...

Quote Originally Posted by tophead420 View Post
    lol ye i hate that to but lookat it this way at least we dont look gay walking around with a ds in our hands lmao
    Lol so true.

Anyways Nintendo users are just jealous about us Sony users. Because we're mature and we can afford or buy a Sony console.

i freakin love my PSP its da bomb and your right darthpaul there just jealous of our awesome PSP's

DCEmu Newbie

The day I listen to non-sensual fanboys is the day my brain makes it onto the organ transplant list.

the psp rocks and it whips everything else. point blank

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information