Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks Sony You do get some things right

Blog Entries

General games Thanks Sony You do get some things right

Yesterday i recieved my PS3 in the post and thankfully no customs charges, buying a 20GB from SuccessHK cost me with delivery around £275 a saving of £150 on UK Prices. Yes its a 20GB but ut has the emotion engine built in.

With the PSP and PS3 Sony are getting some stick but lets be fair, they are both great consoles and for homebrewers one already is a Dream console and the other should be too at some stage.

One thing to be thankful for is Region Free gaming, in a world like today where boundarys mean nothing via the Net, its great to see a company go the region free route.

Universal Power supplys, how sweet it is to get a console from Japan and plug it straight into my power supply in the UK, major points scored there.

Graphics to die for. The PSP and PS3 are capable of graphics so advanced in the handheld and console market that they simply slaughter for graphics all the competition.

Movie Playback - With Blueray and UMD Films both the PSP and PS3 lead their respective areas. I dont care what anyone says watching a UMD in full stereo when your on a bus etc or watching a film in HD kicks ass.

Finally the PSP has turned out to be the homebrew sensation of the last few years, it has catapulted homebrew into main stream status with sites like IGN even reporting on homebrew. The PS3 could be the greatest non handheld for homebrew since the excellent Dreamcast.

Support DCEmu UK & DIGG THIS

Do you agree or disagree with me, let me know via comments

DCEmu Newbie

Hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news but I wouldn't count on being in the clear just yet with regards to the customs charge.

To expediate shipping, delivery services like DHL etc. pay the customs charge on the spot and bill you later a few months down the line.

Happened to me twice with my 1.50 psp and my vision m mp3 player.

Don't forget the Blu-Ray is growing. I mean, right now they are using max of like 50 gigs. It can go up to 200 gigs with technology right now!

sweet i might buy 1 now

The 20 gig ps3 is discontinued as of today!!

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

non in japan

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    The PS3 could be the greatest non handheld for homebrew since the excellent Dreamcast.[/B]
    What?! Have you even looked at the original XBOX homebrew scene??

The Dreamcast was definately a great system, but i'm sorry... the original XBOX just SLAUGHTERS it in the homebrew department. Neither the PSP nor the Dreamcast can even touch the original XBOX in terms of homebrew.

So yeah, I disagree with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyTheSnowman View Post
    What?! Have you even looked at the original XBOX homebrew scene??

The Dreamcast was definately a great system, but i'm sorry... the original XBOX just SLAUGHTERS it in the homebrew department. Neither the PSP nor the Dreamcast can even touch the original XBOX in terms of homebrew.

So yeah, I disagree with that comment.
    Most of the homebrew emulators for Xbox are illegal, because you need the hacked SDK.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Yes its a 20GB but ut has the emotion engine built in.

[/B]
    but does it support pal and ntsc ps2 games?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Most of the homebrew emulators for Xbox are illegal, because you need the hacked SDK.
    And that's stopped who in the past? Who says you won't need the PS3 SDK to run homebrew in the future?

I'm sorry Wraggster, I usually like your point of views but this post is all wrong. Blu-ray will die soon. Its useless. And I doubt the homebrew scene will ever really develop on the PS3. The thing is since you can install linux on it without modding most people will do that. Once you do that you have barely any access to system resources and stuff in regards to graphics, etc. so developers probably won't bother. I could be discustingly wrong but in the mean time I'll stick with my original Xbox and my PSP. Also, just because $ony did some things right in the PS3 (no region coding) doesn't make them any less of douchebags for still locking the PSP stuff.

The End.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information