It’s certainly true that in today’s competitive jobs market you need to make yourself stand out if you wish to succeed.
So taking a year out of your life and devoting in the region of 2,000 hours to create a hugely ambitious and well-received mod for the popular The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is probably the right way of going about it.
The mod is called Falskaar and offers around 25 hours of additional content for the game, adds around a third to the size of the game’s already huge game map, offers new music and even original voice work from 29 volunteer actors and actresses.
It’s all the work of 19 year-old Alexander Velicky who took a year out after graduating from high school to focus solely on creating the mod using Bethesda’s Creation kit.
Why do this? Simple – Velicky wants a job.
“The best way to show Bethesda Game Studios that I want a job there and should be hired is to create content that meets the standards of their incredible development team,” he told PC Gamer.
“[My dad] was incredibly supportive and allowed me to live here, paying for living expenses and charging no rent. I was able to not go to school and not have a day job. Meaning, more or less, that Falskaar was my day job.
“I organized everyone involved, but the voice actors themselves recorded all the dialogue and submitted it to me. I had some people help me out with a few models and textures, someone wrote a book or two for me… But otherwise all content was implemented, written and developed by me.
“Falskaar isn’t perfect. I’m not an expert who’s been crafting game experiences for the last 20 years, so I certainly still have a lot to learn, and I always will. I’m always looking to learn and improve, and Falskaar was a huge chance for me to do this.”
Falskaar is available to download on Skyrim Nexus.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/job-h...im-mod/0118878