Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Datel Games n' Music Question

DCEmu Newbie

Default Datel Games n' Music Question

I'm new to homebrew DS games, but I've already heard of how horrible Datel is from these forums. I was wondering how the Games N' Music works with homebrew games.

DCEmu Newbie

It works good with some homebrew games. It is the only card that I have used, so I don't have experience and I don't know how other flashcards work. I'm waiting for the famous dldi for GNM to be invented some day, so that I can play all the homebrew games and cool ds applications.

Don't get it. Only games that do not require filesystem access will work, since no DLDI file has been created for the device. Unrecommended.

The only Datel products I'd recommend are the Max Media Launcher since it's a NoPass device that works on nearly all slot-2 devices and the Action Replay DS, which can function as a NoPass device if you hold Select upon bootup.

DCEmu Newbie

How would I use the Action Replay to play homebrew games?

You don't. You use it to boot a slot-2 device that has the homebrew games on it.

DCEmu Newbie

I see, and you said that no DLDI file has been created for the Games N' Music. Is there any chance that someone will write one?

There's a chance, yes, but the guys at GBAdev have been unsuccessful so far.

DCEmu Newbie

The Games n Music is great for simple homebrew games - basically anything you can play without having to save. It's also fantastic for video - all my videos have converted perfectly and look and sound great. The music player is really good as well - once one track's finished it goes onto the next. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to want to take a 1GB microSD, even when you format it as FAT. If someone has got a larger card working with the Games n Music, let us know!

How do you convert google vids to the d3v format?

You'd probably want to use a tool called "gvi2avi" on the video (save it as a different file name or it will complain that the file is already being used), and then use whatever conversion software comes with the GnM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information