Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble w/Final Fantasy VIII

Default Trouble w/Final Fantasy VIII

Alright, now I'm pissed. I just bought Final Fantasy VIII brand new (Greatest Hits version) so I could rip it to my PSP. I convert it to an ISO image through UltraISO. Then I convert it to an Eboot through a simple Popstation GUI. I put the game ID for disc 1 as 00892. Now when I run the game on my psp, it shows the message it normally shows then goes to a black screen. It doesn't make it to the PSone logo. Wtf is wrong? Btw, the discs are in MINT condition.

Someone please me! What am I doing wrong?!

alright, I tried converting the game to a .bin/cue file and the file is a bit bigger but it seemed to work.... kinda. This time the game made it to the PSone logo but the "Sony Computer Entertainment America" part doesn't show up and it just stops there. Am I supposed to convert the .cue file at the same time as the .bin file so they are both in the same Eboot? Is that the problem?

DCEmu Old Pro

What region is it ntsc or pal?

NTSC. I really need the help!

Make sure it works on your computer first. Thats all I can say...

DCEmu Old Pro

oh, when you are making an iso (iso's or more compatible dont make bin unless u need to...) make sure to check SKIP READ ERRORS or something like that believe me that mostly happens when u rip a game

I can't find an option like that in UltraISO. I have converted into .iso a million times and thats when it doesn't reach the PS logo altogether. Do you think you can attach whatever programs you use to another post so I can assure I get it working?

What firmware are you on? becasue if you have a custom gameboot, it will screw it up if your in 3.10oe, or what ever it is.

its an error in sony's emulator, im sure your discs are just fine. youre just going to have to wait and see if its fixed in 3.03 OE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information