Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP: FW 3.40 On its Way

psp PSP: FW 3.40 On its Way

Sony are to release a new version of firmware for the PSP to combat the latest release of Custom Firmware by Dark Alex. Will this battle of firmwares and cracks ever stop. Not a chance in hell.

The Next round of battles is set to begin soon.

http://www.playstation.co.kr/psp/psp01_05_new_3.40.asp

More info via pspfanboy:

The Korean PlayStation website has announced the arrival of yet another update to PSP's official firmware. However, unlike previous updates, this revision will actually remove some functionality from the system. We've translated the text--it appears "Certificate Utility" will no longer appear on the XMB. Rather, the information used to be available in this section will be embedded directly into the games downloaded from the PLAYSTATION Store. This is a rather minor, but puzzling change.

According to the Korean website, the firmware will be released tomorrow, 4/19.

urmm uhh what the hell does this mean

Firmware 3.40 Is Coming Out!!!

PSP User

Any new features? The source is in chinese...

wow wen will sony give up

HOMEBREW DOMINATES ALL GUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

wat will it take them to realise this

Is it even possible for Sony to stop custom firmware? They make a new one, and no matter how much security they throw in, Dark Alex just uses the update file and we have OE. I say, keep it coming Sony.

• It enjoyed and PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork tie frames the function for was strengthened.
    • [This sense civil official] was eliminated.
    Information which from [this sense civil official] is indicated with afterwords it will be able to confirm as a same fabrication.
    Information the reporter after selecting the icon of the game which it does it selects △ buttons from the option menu [information] consecutively.

• It enjoyed and PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork tie frames the function for was strengthened.
    - Was added in the menu [disk speed which it reads].

•From, [RSS Channel] it will be able to indicate the island your day of item and.

• Memory it will be able to indicate the island your day of the video which is stored in Stick Duo™ “VIDEO” folders and.
    • “It will be able to remake the file of the next type from VIDEO” folders and.
    - File of the lower part size which is MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) videos Main Profile (AVC CABAC)
    720×480/352×480/480×272
    It will follow in type of ※ data and it will stand and there is a case it will not be able to remake.

Stupid World Lingo.

Here is a quick run down of what could be in 3.40 at least what i got from max console (from my older post, in homebrew forums, just gonna put it here so we have the info in the same place =P):

all sources and posters of max console noted in quote.
    Original Source (Poster: aikanáro) :
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=58033

calvanator of the max console forums:
    "it says it increases psx compatibility, that is all."

dodswm of the max console forums:
    "A decent translation of the changes are:

Quote:
    Certificate Utility has been erased. It can now be accessed by pressing the triangle button and selecting information of the game chosen."

DCEmu Newbie

Well, I will tell myself not to say the next OE is coming. Keeping the pace with Sony is not good.

This much too frequent upgrading of firmware by Sony is already not good, anyway. We do not
    urge Dark Alex to force himself as fast as
    Sony, which is not good. Since the existing OE is perfect for all old games / good games I have
    no reason for the newer version.

Thank Dark Alex for his great contributions, proving that he is wise. But I would not thank
    him for competing with Sony for every .XX nonsense. Involving with an endless fight like that is
    plain stupid.

I say wait is good. I am not desperate for some newer games yet. If I do, I can buy one brand
    new / secondhand.

"Certificate Utility"
    wtf is that????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information