Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New GTA IV details leaked

Default New GTA IV details leaked

via Computer and Video Games

A fresh set of Grand Theft Auto: IV rumours have been spilled across the internet suggesting that the recently revealed lead character dies early on in the game and you assume the role of his Russian cousin.

Via way of various forums and discussions comes what many are claiming to be new GTA: IV details. Rockstar obviously won't comment either way on what rumours are doing the rounds this week, but if these turn out to be true, it looks like the NYC-based publisher tried to lead us up the garden path with what it revealed in the debut trailer (which you can see here, just in case you missed it).

Apparently the lead character Nikko Bellic (the bloke from the trailer) is murdered early on in the game during a dodgy drug deal that goes horribly wrong.

Nikko is said to have fled Estonia to escape some dodgy Mafioso types and the rumours suggest that the story centres on a turf war between Italian and Russian families. Once this news reaches Bellic's mother land his cousin, Roman Petronov, takes the news very badly and sets sail for the US of A.

Petronov is said to be disturbed by the news of the murder and wants his revenge. But he doesn't just wade in there with sideways-pointing pistols and a bad attitude. He decides to do a bit of a Tony Montana, and work his way up the gangsta food chain first, before confronting those responsible for his cousin's untimely end.

Word is that playing as Roman Petronov you have to choose which gang to join to rise to the top of. You could be mugged, begged or jumped on to join the warring factions of Liberty City.

That rumour alone suggests that the game could turn out to be pretty open and non-linear, if you get to choose between three gangs. Presumably you'll have the chances to jump from gang to gang if things weren't going your way - with a bit of bloodshed thrown in along the way, of course.

Details that six motorcycles vehicles and three helicopters would make the final cut, though there will be no planes, were also hinted at.

Don't expect Rockstar to comment on the above at all. We'll just have to wait and see.

DCEmu Newbie

Who cares really, its a video game afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Madelin View Post
    Who cares really, its a video game afterall.
    Why are you here? :S

This is a website based around games consoles, and you moan that no-one should care about details of an upcoming game. I dont see why you even registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Airdevil View Post
    Why are you here? :S

This is a website based around games consoles, and you moan that no-one should care about details of an upcoming game. I dont see why you even registered.
    exactly what i was thinking ! lol. Am i right in thinking that there will be NO planes ?? thats a bad idea - surely rockstar are going backwards by doing that. although i think maybe leaving the jet pack out would not be a bad idea. thought that was a bit slapstick in SA

DCEmu Regular

cool, so who do we play in that game??? borat sagdiyev or azamat bagatov????

DCEmu Newbie

Don't know why people expect planes, the action is taking placely purely in liberty city most likely and flying a plane in a city like that would be useless.

DCEmu Regular

No planes? damn i was hoping there would be, the graphics and the sound of game play should still be enough though without a doubt and who knows maybe gta V <-- 5? will have planes? looking a bit too far ahead i know lol

DCEmu Newbie

...Nikko is said to have fled Estonia... :thumbup:

Nice

I agree with Madelin a little bit, who cares about the rumors, they almost always are wrong. Just wait for official news.

Quote Originally Posted by Vangar View Post
    I agree with Madelin a little bit, who cares about the rumors, they almost always are wrong. Just wait for official news.
    Umm, are you a gamer? lol

j/k

seriously, rumors are what keeps games hyped up, without rumors, games wouldnt be hyped up.

So...BE HYPED UP:thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information