Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.40 Oe

DCEmu Newbie

Default 3.40 Oe

Question im on 3.10 OE u think i should downgrade to 1.50 before going to 3.40 oe-c? or can i just upgrade from 3.10 to 3.40?

You can upgrade/downgrade anyway you want to. I downgraded my PSP from 3.40OE-A to 3.03OE-C. I haven't been to 1.50 in forever. I forget what it even looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by HAzArdrOxS View Post
    Question im on 3.10 OE u think i should downgrade to 1.50 before going to 3.40 oe-c? or can i just upgrade from 3.10 to 3.40?
    Just upgrade... it saves alot of work

DCEmu Regular

just use an easy 3.40OE installer.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

DCEmu Newbie

can i upgrade from 2.82

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by HAzArdrOxS View Post
    GEEZ!!!! how many people have to ask this same question?
    Answer: If you can run homebrew, you can upgrade without going back to 1.5. We need a better sticky for FAQs. I think I might make one.

Refer to this forum for basic info on PSP hombrew and custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by ricko View Post
    can i upgrade from 2.82
    upgrade to 3.03 then downgrade to 1.5 then you can either stay at 1.5 or update to the OE firmwares.

for downgrading from 3.03 you need an unpatched GTA ( has firmware 2.00 update on UMD)

have you seen how much you can sell an Unpatched vertion of GTA for??

Ive seen them on ebay going for 100 quid !

man im lucky i bought mine when vertion 2.00 werent crackable !

Hey guys, I registered dcemu just to ask this question :thumbup: ... keep in mind that Im a complete n00b so PLEAASEE bare with my stupidity..

Right now I have a PSP that came with sony's firmware version 2.71 when I bought it

now my question is, I want to install 3.40 OE to replace my stupid sony firmware... is this possible, or will I brick my psp when I do this... is there any thing I need to do (like downgrade to 1.5) before I can install 3.40OE into my 2.71 psp?

Secondly, Will Dark Alex's 3.40 OE let me boot ISO's CSO's emulate n64, ps1 etc...?

If not, what do I need to do that?

LAST QUESTION:

I have a 2.71 firmware, do you think Im better of with devhook or 3.40 OE?

PS: My psp's mother board says - IC1003 where the UMD disc tray is and IC601 parralell to it

Quote Originally Posted by glennlopez View Post
    Hey guys, I registered dcemu just to ask this question :thumbup: ... keep in mind that Im a complete n00b so PLEAASEE bare with my stupidity..

Right now I have a PSP that came with sony's firmware version 2.71 when I bought it

now my question is, I want to install 3.40 OE to replace my stupid sony firmware... is this possible, or will I brick my psp when I do this... is there any thing I need to do (like downgrade to 1.5) before I can install 3.40OE into my 2.71 psp?

Secondly, Will Dark Alex's 3.40 OE let me boot ISO's CSO's emulate n64, ps1 etc...?

If not, what do I need to do that?

LAST QUESTION:

I have a 2.71 firmware, do you think Im better of with devhook or 3.40 OE?

PS: My psp's mother board says - IC1003 where the UMD disc tray is and IC601 parralell to it
    First, well done for checking your PSP motherboard hardware revision. Most noobs don't do that

Follow this guide:

http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks-...ide-90919.html

You want the section for 2.71 (TA-82 or TA-86).

Good luck!

ETA: Sorry, man, I didn't answer any of your questions.

You can install 3,40 OE, after you have downgraded to firmware version 1.5 first. That's what that link I gave you shows you how to do.

We don't talk about ISO/CSO here, it's site policy due to the questionable legality of doing this. However, you can run Daedelus (the N64 emulator which is a work in progress but allows you to emulate some N64 games at a reasonable speed) and use POPstation to convert your PS1 games so that they are playable on the PSP.

Lastly, I personally think it's much more convenient just to run the OE firmware, instead of using devhook. Apart from anything else, it has a very useful recovery mode which allows you to recover from partial bricking of your PSP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information